Sr. Web Developer (03-1996)
The Sr. Web Developer is responsible for the design, development, management and adherence to best practices in web development. This position will have a solid understanding of the end-to-end solution and be able to participate and provide application designs for the web development parts of the solution and its integration points. Working within an Agile/Scrum development team, the Sr. Web Developer delivers enterprise web solution enhancements and new features to support the business need. This position acts as a senior technical resource that focuses on the front-end web technologies in small to large scale projects as well as mentoring and supporting other team members.
Software/Web Development - Develop digital consumer experiences based on the foundation of the AEM product suite, including Sites and Assets; work efficiently and collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum development team; design and implement new and updated components for the AEM platform and workflow step components; possess a solid skillset to provide effective web development tasks; create new and update existing templates and pages; responsive web development; perform unit testing and participate in code peer reviews; assume responsibility for the quality and timeliness of assigned software development efforts; adhere to code management process and procedures; collaborate and perform code builds and releases into various environments.
Agile/Scrum Team Collaboration - Provide mentoring and knowledge transfer to other team members; participate within Agile sprint planning, prioritization and other team meetings; provide input towards technical solutions on projects and enhancements; design, develop and provide input to Software Architecture/Frameworks when needed for various projects and initiatives.
Projects - Senior technical resource on projects; work collaboratively within a larger development team augmented by external agencies when needed during larger project deliverables; develop work packages based on business requirements, creatives and wireframes.
Tools/Environment Management - Will share responsibility to manage code repository, build setup, configuration and deployments in various environments; multiple development team tools setup and ongoing management; document process and procedures around tool setup / management; setup, manage and deploy new and existing AEM environments.
Continuous Learning - Study new web technology and remain technically current; improve skillset in vast variety of currently used programming languages and tools; the Sr. Web Developer has a solid understanding of the AEM architecture and solution; will be proficient in all web technologies used in the solution; consistently look for ways to improve the quality and efficiency of the work packages being delivered within sprints.
Operations - Participate in an on-call rotation production support team; diagnose and solve technical problems with the team in testing and production; collaborate with the ALC IT Ops Team and various vendors that integrate into ALC's web properties; establish working relationships with internal departments, vendors and ensure that interaction is responsive and accurate and that incidents are escalated as required; understanding of full environment setup and configuration for end-to-end AEM solution within various environments including production and testing.
- Degree/ Diploma in Information Technology or equivalent technical training/ relevant experience 4+ yrs related Web Development experience.
- Web Services development using RESTful implementations.
- Proactive self-starter who quickly learns new programming languages, techniques and technologies.
- Experience building player centric web applications with focus on scalability, usability, workflows and performance Solid understanding of security concerns for web-based applications.
- Excellent communications and time management skills.
- Problem solver with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills; works well in high pressure situations.
- Working knowledge of software testing, building high quality software, and experience with software testing tools, regression testing etc.
- Experience with Content Management Systems.
- Comfortable working within a Redhat/Linux server environment.
- AGILE/SCRUM team experience
- Understanding of all Adobe AEM building blocks, including templates, components, dialogs, widgets, etc., as well as the AEM development and deployment process.
- Experience with Cross-Platform (iOS/Android) Mobile Development (example: React Native, PhoneGap, etc.) considered a bonus. Development experience in AEM v6.0+, Classic and Touch UI.
Work With Us
There are many reasons why we choose to work at Atlantic Lottery (AL) and one of the most important is feeling a sense of belonging and pride in being part of a company that exists to make Atlantic Canada a better place. AL wants to give back by investing in you through career development and growth that enhances your skills and leaves you feeling energized to come to work each day. We believe our most important asset is our people and we want you to progress at the pace of your talent and to the degree of your commitment. Does this opportunity fit within your development interests?
At Atlantic Lottery, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.