Working as a Security Guard in a Healthcare environment, you will be responsible for completing investigations and incident reports, performing consistent patrols, and interact with the public to provide good customer service and keep the clients and visitors safe.
KHSC maintains a pool of floor-trained security staff that are provided out-of-schedule FT hours. While this is classified as a casual position, applicants will be required to fulfill full-time hours for at least the first 6 months of employment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and flexible environment with maintaining the utmost professionalism
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexible, and customer service orientation
- Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Availability Requirements:
- Must have open availability 24 hours a day and 7 days a week or,
- Must be able to work 3 to 4 12-hour shifts per week, including holidays, weekends, and weekdays
- Must be able to commit to provided availability for minimum 6 months
- Must have
- Valid Security License for the prvince of Ontario
- Valid First Aid/CPR - Level C from WSIB-approved source
- Minimum 6 months healthcare security experience (or relevant equivalant experience)
- Proof of (minimum) double COVID-19 vaccination
- A copy of your immunizations records (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, TB Tests, etc.)
- Must be able to
- Complete extensive patrolling of interior and exterior of site (including in inclement weather)
- Remain calm in emergency situations
- Follow and enforce site rules and regulations as set out by both the client and Paladin
- Operate independently as well as part of a team to complete tasks
- Complete reports at the end of shift as well as incident reports
- Compassionately interact with patients
- English proficiency (oral & written) is required
- Bilingualism (English/French) is considered an asset
- 6+ months of customer service experience is considered an asset
- Must be able to provide certifications in Stay Safe
- Applicants lacking these certifications can opt into Paladin's Stay Safe training program prior to their onboarding training to ensure they meet the requirements of the position
- Please be aware: The Stay Safe training is not paid as it is a pre-requisite, however Paladin will cover all of the costs of the training with a 6 month commitment to the position/availability
Why choose Paladin?
- Extensive paid industry leading training
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- Unionized benefits (including Education Allowance & Pension Plan)
- Free Uniforms
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Security license reimbursement
- Dry cleaning & hemming/tailoring allowance
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Additional perks!
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
KHSC consists of various facilities including: Hotel Dieu and Kingston General Hospital, the Cancer Centre of Southeastern Ontario, Ininew Patient Services, Providence Care Hospital and Transitional Care Centre, Providence Manor, and Providence Care's community-based health services and outreach. Together, they care for more than 500,000 patients and their families from across the region.
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.