'Antigonish Area Home Support Agency' are Currently Hiring for the following areas:
If you are passionate about caring for others and are looking for an opportunity to build a career with Antigonish and Area Homemakers, then we want to hear from you!
- Paid 2 week orientation and on the job training
- Support in obtaining Nova Scotia CCA certification
- Days, evenings, nights, weekends; many flexible options.
- Competitive pay rates
- Occupational health services
- Access to ongoing education
- Wireless Phone
- Grade 12 or equivalency
- Current Emergency First-Aid with Level C CPR.
- Individuals on learning path for CCA-not registered for PLAR
- Individuals who have taken the CCA course but have not yet passed the exam.
- Minimum of 12 months of relevant work or volunteer experience
- Experience in one or more areas:
- Senior Care
- Young Adult Care
- Group Home
- Caring for family member/friend
- Child Care
- Current CCA student with successful completion of first skills development placement
- Responsible for providing service to residents/clients in accordance with the individual care plan developed by the RN Clinical Leader and interdisciplinary team members or RN Supervisor
- Performs light housekeeping duties (e.g. tidy room, clean closets, hang clothing)
- Provide personal care (e.g., bathing, dressing, grooming)
- Assists residents with meals and between meal refreshments
- Provides respite to families and care givers
- Engages residents/families in leisure/recreational activities on unit
- Facilitates resident/family participation in recreation programs
- Provides opportunities for residents/families to interact with environment in which they live/visit, Meal preparation
- Documentation (e.g., reporting client/resident concerns, incident reports)
- Completes other tasks as required
If this exciting opportunity interests you and you would like to discuss employment opportunities please apply NOW LIMITED SPACES AVAILABLE.
Antigonish and Area Homemakers is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.