|Position:||Full-Time Security Guard|
|Site:||North Hastings Hospital - 1-H Manor Lane|
|Hours:||Continental Rotation - 0800-2000/2000-0800|
- Proactive & reactive security patrols
- Patient Watch
- Access Control
- Response to incidents
- Report writing
- Investigate routine incidents
- Parking and smoking enforcement/by-laws
- Policy awareness and enforcement
- Additional Duties as Assigned
- Valid Security License for Ontario
- Valid First Aid & CPR - Level C (from a WSIB-approved vendor)
- Proof of (minimum) double COVID-19 vaccination
- A copy of your immunization records (Measles, Mumps, Rubella, TB Tests, etc.)
- 6+ months security experience required
- Previous healthcare security experience is preferred
- 1+ year of security experience is preferred
- Must be able to commute to Kingston for pre-deployment training
- Must have a reliable working vehicle in good repair
- Must be able to site train at all 4 QHC facilities (Belleville, Trenton, Picton, and Bancroft)
- Must be able to be clean shaven to pass an N95 Mask Fit Test
- Must be able to provide certifications in Use of Force (UoF) and Management of Aggressive Behaviour (MOAB)
- Applicants lacking these certifications can opt into Paladin's UoF/MOAB training program prior to their onboarding training to ensure they meet the requirements of the position
- Please be aware: The UoF/MOAB training is not paid as it is a pre-requisite, however Paladin will cover all of the costs of the training with a 6 month commitment to the position/availability
Why choose Paladin?
- Extensive paid industry leading training
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- Unionized benefits (including Education Allowance & Pension Plan)
- Free Uniforms
- Annual Boot Allowance
- Security license reimbursement
- Dry cleaning & hemming/tailoring allowance
- Paid vacation & sick days
- Additional perks!
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.