Re: Job Posting
Position: Security Guard
Site: One Queen
City: One Queen Street East, Toronto
Status: Full-Time - Days & Nights (12 Hours)
Hours: Continental Day 0900-2100 - X2
Continental Nighst - 2100-0900 - X2
Pay Rate: $19.50/hr
To continuously monitor and operate all systems in the Security Operations Centre. Systems include, but are not limited to, all communication systems, communication logs/audits, CCTV,
access control, fire panels/computers, elevator computers, and security records. Maintain a positive relationship with Cushman & Wakefield and CPPIB representatives and their guests; assist the Supervisors in ensuring that all security guards adhere to procedures. Furthermore,
the Dispatch is also expected to:
- Ensure staff are following the assigned patrol schedule;
- Provide clear and concise communication to security staff;
- Record all information in a detailed and factual manner;
- Follow communication guidelines issued by the client, such as prompt notification of incidents; using correct notification groups and providing information that is detailed and factual;
- Be familiar with all Cushman & Wakefield and CPPIB Standard Operating Procedures and Emergency Procedures;
- Have very strong communication and customer service skills;
- Write detailed, factual, and concise incident reports;
- Good working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook;
- Knowledge of security technology (i.e. CCTV, Access Control, Fire Alarm, Intrusion, and Incident Management and other security-related systems);
- Knowledge and understanding of applicable federal, provincial, and municipal legislation and regulations in the area of security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong command of the English language.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills;
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and time management skills;
- Ability to work in a challenging, fast-paced, multi-tasked environment;
- Flexible and adaptable in dealing with a diversity of situations and people;
- Ability to work efficiently under stress; Team player.
- Provide ongoing support to the Supervisors as required;
- Maintain positive and constructive relationships with Cushman & Wakefield and CPPIB staff and external clients by providing timely and accurate support as required;
- Assist the Supervisors to review security incident reports
- Ensure staff are dispatched to calls for service and security related incidents and ensure the situation is monitored by CCTV;
- Record all relevant details in the Dispatch Log
PERSONNEL AND STAFFING
- Provide support to the Supervisors and assist security personnel with daily security duties as assigned or required;
- Assist security personnel with day-to-day staff duties and ensure all standard operating policies and procedures are being met as required;
- Ensure the proper number of staff respond to high risk incidents such as irate/emotionally disturbed people, medical situations and emergencies;
- Conduct random spot checks on the radio and CCTV to ensure staff are in their designated posts/zones;
SITE SPECIFIC DUTIES
- Inform the Supervisors of all issues that may have an impact on the security services or staff performance;
- Provide recommendations to the Supervisors;
- Save all security documents in the proper folders and ensure the folders are organized;
- Maintain and update email groups when necessary;
- Check all equipment in the SOC to ensure everything is powered on and functional;
- Report all system issues to the client;
- Ensure the SOC is kept clean and free of clutter;
- Learn and follow all procedures in the Standing Orders;
- Ensure emergency response procedures are being followed;
- Ensure all staff receive clear and detailed information while responding to incidents;
- Ensure all work stations are sanitized on a daily basis;
- Ensure all binders are organized and in the proper order;
- Ensure all handwritten logs are legible and contain all necessary information;
- Ensure the proper CCTV layouts are visible;
- Ensure all SOC equipment is in the designated area and not moved around;
- Check all door alarm logs to ensure the proper information is being documented;
- Report all frequent nuisance door alarms to the client; Communicate with Emergency Services during major incidents;
- Collect and record all relevant details during and after an incident;
- Collect and record all relevant details as it applies to the shift (Eg. Contractor arrival/end times, fire code information, Health & Safety, patrols, etc.;
- Ensure contractors receive proper access cards;
- Conduct audit of keys and access cards on a daily basis; report any discrepancies to the supervisors;
- Monitor the access control system and provide staff with detailed descriptions door alarm locations;
- Ensure staff respond to all door alarms and provide detailed information for the records;
- Review all emails and Security Memos;
- Ensure information is readily available for the client and security staff, such as audit logs, communication logs, emails, email groups, procedures, requests, daily activities, daily briefs, passwords, tenant access codes and contact numbers;
- Monitor News Reports during major incidents using CP24
- Follow instructions and procedures given by the supervisors and Security Manager.
- Conduct overlapping duties under the direction of the Security Manager.
- Ensure that all communication via Path-Com is communicated clearly & in a professional manner as per the Path-Com training.
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.