Status: Full Time
Pay Rate: $17.78/Hourly
Hours: Rotating Continental (0700-1900/1900-0700hrs)
Site: Southlake Regional Hospital
Successfull candidates will be asked to attend mandatory 5 day virtual and in-class training at our Etobicoke office -
Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement.
Site Description: Southlake Regional Health Centre, formally known as York Regional Hospital, is a full-service hospital with a clinically advanced focus. Southlake is responsible for developing and providing advanced levels of care to the more than 1 million people who reside in York Region, Simcoe County, and as far north as Muskoka. Through various expansions in its history Southlake has grown into a university-affiliated teaching and research facility, specifically offering advanced cardiac, cancer and thoracic care.
Working on assigned shifts, you will work full time shifts providing proactive and reactive security patrols and response to incidents. You will be required to write reports and investigate routine incidents, as well as respond to coded emergencies in a quick and efficient manner. You should display excellent customer service skills and be able to work with people who are under stress or in need of medical assistance. In this role, it is essential that you are physically fit and able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
This position is a high-caliber position and will also include the following responsibilities:
- Working on assigned shifts, you will work 12-hour shifts providing proactive and reactive security patrols and responses to incidents in the mental health ward
- You will be required to write reports and investigate routine incidents
- Respond to coded emergencies in a quick and efficient manner
- Display excellent customer service skills and be able to work with people who are under stress or in need of medical assistance
- This role required you to be physically fit and able to stand and walk for long periods
- Work closely with vulnerable populations
- Monitor for and escalate security concerns within the Emergency Department
- Assist in developing security plans for high-risk patients
- Provide security presence and support throughout the Emergency Department
- Utilize verbal de-escalation techniques to manage conflicts
- Oversee and support patient watch guards within the Emergency Department
- Work closely with local Law Enforcement and Emergency Services
- Ensure the safety of staff, patients, and visitors within the Emergency Department
What we have to offer:
- Extensive training programs to set you up for success
- Paid Uniforms
- Advancement and Career Growth Opportunities
- Competitive Salary rates $$
- Company health benefits!
- Coaching and Support
Perks of Choosing Paladin:
Various discounts and benefits at the following vendors:
- GoodLife Fitness - Discounted Gym Memberships
- TELUS Phone Deals - Discounted Phone deals
- Toronto FC - Discounted Tickets
- ROGERS Communications
- Mark's Work Wearhouse
- Immunization Record (Measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and TB skin tests 1 and 2)
- Must have a Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Must have a valid (WSIB-Approved) First Aid and CPR Level-C Certification
- Must be proficient in English (both oral and written)
- Must be willing to complete a Vulnerable Sector Check upon offer of employment
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with 2 dose minimum. Proof required.
Work With Us
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.