DEPARTMENT: Health and Safety
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non-Bargaining
JOB TYPE: Permanent full-time
SCHEDULE: Day, 8 and 12-hour shifts. Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Bilingual essential
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
Under the responsibility of the regional manager, the advisor ensures that OHS standards are applied throughout all facilities within Zone 6 of Vitalité Health Network, manages WorkSafe NB claims efficiently, and contributes actively to managing resulting disabilities and accommodations. The advisor sits on various joint occupational health and safety committees, actively participates in implementing recommendations and in preventing and analyzing accidents, and also carries out necessary follow-up. The advisor trains employees on the various components of OHS. The advisor represents the employer at Workers' Compensation Appeals Tribunal hearings and supports department heads with disciplinary measures resulting from OHS situations. All these duties are performed in collaboration with various external and internal stakeholders. Other duties related to the smooth operation of the department and to human resources may be assigned.
- Postsecondary degree and experience in OHS or combination of training and experience deemed equivalent, OHS training considered an asset;
- Clearly demonstrated knowledge and experience in disability management;
- Knowledge of the regulations around OHS;
- Practical knowledge managing the dangers and risks associated with OHS or knowledge in this area required through OHS training;
- Communication and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and on a team within a high stress environment with tight deadlines; superior organizational skills;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physically able to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.Salary commensurate with provincial scale for management staff.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.