We are actively hiring Physicians to join our team in New Brunswick
Horizon Health Network in beautiful New Brunswick is looking for Hospitalists to join our team!
Horizon Health Network seeks full-time hospitalists at four regional centers throughout the province of New Brunswick: Fredericton, Miramichi, Moncton and Saint John. The successful candidates will provide comprehensive inpatient care to family medicine patients while sharing equitable evening and weekend call responsibilities with the team of hospitalists. Experience in hospital-based medicine would be an asset but is not required.
The physicians will provide medical care to hospitalized patients in a multidisciplinary health care environment. Comprehensive plan of care including optimizing admission orders, ordering treatment and investigative modalities, and discharge planning are part of the day-to-day work. You would be joining a vibrant collegial team who love the work they do, and although your workday will consist of independent management of your patient list, the team is supportive of one another with challenging cases and interesting medicine.
Why you should work here
Horizon Health Network (www.horizonnb.ca) is the largest regional health authority in New Brunswick and the second-largest health authority in Atlantic Canada, operating 12 hospitals and more than 100 medical facilities, clinics and offices providing medical services ranging from acute care to community-based health services to New Brunswick, northern Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island. With 1,000 physicians, an annual budget exceeding $1 billion, and approximately 13,000 employees, Horizon Health Network's strategic vision focuses on research, innovation, and education.
- Provide comprehensive medical care of hospitalized patients admitted or transferred from specialty care to the Hospitalist service
- Efficient completion of dictated discharge summaries to facilitate continuity of care with primary care physicians.
- Average total number of patients under one hospitalist's care is 17 patients. This may vary between sites based on medical acuity.
- Schedule will be dependent on local practices and will include equitable share of weekends and holidays.
- Adhere to on-call responsibilities as defined by the department. On-call response time is 10 minutes to answer calls and be accessible to attend at the bedside within 30 minutes.
- Scheduling vacation/absences will be determined with the group which will have responsibility to maintain ongoing coverage
- Optimize efficient utilization of health care resources
- Teaching responsibilities for residents and medical students
- Participate in departmental meetings, Medical Quality Improvement, and other appropriate family practice and hospital committees as determined by the Clinical Head of Family medicine/Physician Lead of the Hospitalist program
- Organization of daily rounds to optimize care of acutely ill patients and timely patient discharge.
- May assist as required with any in-hospital medical emergencies when on site as part of the code team.
- Use evidence-based rules of practice to ensure that standards of care are achieved.
- Participate in medical practice that is compatible with the Health Authority's mission, values, and strategic directions.
Note: These responsibilities are the basic and prime duties associated with this position; other related and allied duties may be assigned from time to time as may be necessary to the operation of Horizon Health Network.
- Must hold a valid license to practice medicine in the Province of New Brunswick
- CCFP preferred
- Must be a member in good standing with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Must have current malpractice insurance from the Canadian Medical Protective Association (CMPA) appropriate to the category of practice.
- ACLS preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Good attendance and work record.
- Physically able to perform assigned duties.
** Horizon Health Network adheres to all privacy legislation and policies to ensure confidential patient, business, financial and employee information is disclosed only to those authorized to receive it for the purpose of fulfilling their job duties. **
- Provincial recruitment incentives
- Moving expense allowance
- Comply and keep up to date with CFPC CME annual requirements
- Comply with the policies and procedures of the Department of Family Practice and the Hospitalist program.
- Comply with the provisions of the Hospital Act, the Regional Health Authorities Act, the Medical Services Payment Act, and their regulations.
- Comply with the Health Authority bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies and procedures.
- Follow the Code of Ethics of the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick.
- Fluency in English is a MUST
- Bilingualism (French) is an asset
- Your detailed CV must be attached to your application to be considered for any position
Interested? Apply Today!
To learn more, visit MyHorizonCareer.ca/management-business-professionals/