Summer Student Term Positions - Halifax and Bedford Campus
Join the Northwood team this summer!
We are looking for dynamic individuals to be a part of our team at the Halifax and Bedford Campuses for the following positions:
- Administrative Assistant (LTC) - 2 Positions
- Recreation Summer Program Assistant (Bedford Campus) - 2 Positions
All Positions Details:
Length of the term: 8 to 9 weeks - Part-time - Term positions
Number of hours: 60 -70 hours bi-weekly (Varied Shifts - Days and Evenings)
Salary: $16.30 per hour
Minimum Qualifications and Requirements:
- Grade 11 or higher
- Must be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment;
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act(1). , and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with the relevant provincial/territorial legislation and regulations.
- Must have an interest in working in Long Term Care
- Interest in community development, recreation, or social services.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISATANT(LTC) POSITIONS
- Performs routine clerical and administrative functions such as drafting correspondence, scheduling appointments, and organizing and maintaining paper and electronic files
- Performs typing and data entry for Managers and Supervisors
- Performs quality control audits on existing databases including Point Click Care
- Prepares and manages confidential correspondence and reports
- Support to LTC Projects and Accreditation Preparation
- Supports Administration in preparation for meetings as required
- Manages and maintains policies and procedures as communicated by the Manager
Start Date: June 16, 2023
RECREATION PROGRAM ASSISTANT POSITION - BEDFORD CAMPUS
- Have been registered as a full-time student in the previous academic year
- Experience in the delivery of recreational/leisure programs with a senior population would be an asset
Hours: 60 hours bi-weekly (6 - 10 hour shifts) - 9 Weeks Term Position
Start Date: June 19, 2023
If these exciting opportunities interests you, please send click APPLY! Include a current resume.
Northwood is proud to be an inclusive employer who encourages diverse applicants. We thank all applicants however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.