COMPETITION #: 2023-67324 External
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
DEPARTMENT: Emergency Room
FACILITY: Dr. Everett Chalmers Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE : Permanent Full Time
JOB TITLE: Licensed Practical Nurse
CLASSIFICATION: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPNA)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Rotating Day, Evening, Night, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $29.62 to $31.82 per hour
As a member of an interdisciplinary team, plans, prioritizes and implements patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse; promotes patients' self care and appropriately assists with their activities of daily living; documents patient care, identifying and reporting pertinent information to the Registered Nurse; porters patients/supplies to and from various areas of the hospital; responds to Codes and assists with emergency response procedures. Performs other duties as assigned. May be reassigned throughout the department as required.
- Active registration with ANBLPN.
- Emergency/Critical Care experience.
- Current BCLS Certification - C level.
- Demonstrated competency in the following nursing skills: blood glucose testing using a diagnostic device; IV therapy (line maintenance/insertions; insertion and maintenance of urinary catheters; phlebotomy; dressings; medication administration; and cast removal.
- Demonstrated communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Demonstrated ability to respond to emergency situations and rapidly changing priorities.
- Current CVAD certification
- Ability to perform the duties of the position. eg. heavy lifts and transfers, sustained chest compressions, subduing violent individuals.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required.
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by March 29, 2023.
Horizon is committed to enhancing our diverse and inclusive environment for our employees and patients. We believe in a healthcare system that equally supports all people regardless of race, ethnicity, national origin, social background, religion, gender identity or expression, age, disability, or sexual orientation. An environment based on a commitment to diversity and inclusion supports our goal of safe and quality patient care.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2023-67324 External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.