Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
Reporting to the Manager, Eastlink Community TV, BC, the Producer will have a strong communication, technical and editorial background coupled with a passion for technology. As a representative of Eastlink Community TV, the producer will be an active community member ensuring programs produced are relevant to local audience. Thorough, organized and driven to take ownership and accountability for their work, the successful candidate will have the skills to work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic work environment. Eastlink maintains a safe and healthy workplace, observing directives under the guidance of Occupational Health and Safety.
- Independently produce, edit productions and ensure consistent compliance with company policies, procedures and standards.
- Versatility to perform in both front and behind the camera roles in any given production
- Effectively develop and tell community stories
- Co-ordinate and develop efficiencies that will allow maximum output.
- Conduct pre-production and post-production meetings and program critiques.
- Foster positive working relationships within the programming department as well as with volunteers, other company departments, media partners, community leaders, local organizations, and elected officials.
- Seek out relevant community organizations and individuals to develop effective local programming.
- Meet all legal and policy requirements under the Health and Safety Act.
- Comply with CRTC regulations and guidelines.
- Must have strong communication and on-air background
- Minimum 3 years television on-air experience
- Degree in Television Production or post-secondary education in Television Production or Broadcasting, an asset
- Experience with contract and partnership management and social media.
- Experience on-air sports announcing.
- Experience with storytelling and script writing
- Experience in front of camera
- Knowledge of production equipment, edit suites, studio production and computer graphics.
- A valid BC driver’s license with good driving record, and reliable transportation.
- Ability work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends.
- Frequently required to lift heavy objects (e.g. 20kilos)
- Frequently required to work outside year-round.
- Reside within the local cable system network.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team “on the ground” not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!