NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie-Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Day
Work schedule subject to change to meet operational needs.
Perform reception and secretarial tasks for the Laboratory in order to ensure the delivery of quality care, in accordance with the hospital's mission, philosophy, goals and policies.
Receives, sorts, labels and transports specimens where required.
- High school graduation or General Studies (GED) plus an additional administrative support program/course of over six months and up to one year or equivalent;
- Ability to use a word processor and other computerized systems;
- Ability to complete the medical terminology course as per set deadline;
- Effective communicate skills and ability to treat patients, visitors, etc. with courtesy;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to the principles of professional ethics, the management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.