Jump Recruitment, on behalf of our client, Virtual Marine, is seeking a Sales Director in St. John's, NL.
Virtual Marine is a privately held Canadian company with its headquarters in St. John's, Newfoundland and Labrador. Their mission is to improve the safety of life at sea by providing realistic, effective, and safe training tools for small craft operators. Their simulators allow crews of small marine craft to train for real-life situations in environments that are often too dangerous and costly for live boat exercises.
Virtual Marine is currently seeking a Sales Director to join their team in St. John's. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the successful applicant will become a senior member of a growing company, engaging in international sales and becoming a global relationship manager in the maritime, defense, and upstream energy industries.
- Actively seek out and engage new enterprise (B2B) customer prospects on a global scale
- Present, promote, and sell our products and services, including customizations, to existing and prospective clients using proven and demonstrable sales methodologies
- Develop a robust pipeline by engaging stakeholders in a range of market segments, including among others, upstream energy, maritime training, defense and security and coast guard / SAR
- Oversee sales cycles from lead generation to revenue recognition stage
- Conduct market research and plan and implement sales initiatives to meet company targets for growth and profitability
- Help support an expanding international market representative dealer network
- Work in an open and transparent team environment that encourages collaboration across departments toward achievement of company objectives
- Experience in the maritime industry and a proven track record for solid sales performance
- Strong technical knowledge, and experience with simulations are strong assets
- Established knowledge and experience in maritime training, upstream energy, defense and coast guard / SAR and related industries
- University degree in business or a sales-related discipline
- Ability to present current catalogue of products while understanding clients' needs and discuss custom solutions
- Proven track record of building and maintaining lasting customer relationships
- Comfortable in a contract negotiation setting
- Excellent organizational and time management skills and can deal with deadlines and multiple accounts
- Excellent proficiency in English with strong written and oral communications skills
- Well-developed skills using Microsoft Office, CRM systems and social media tools
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally
- Willing to comply with security screening requirements
Work With Us
Virtual Marine offers a competitive salary with benefits package and the opportunity to join a growing company that is changing the marine training landscape.
Are you ready for a rewarding challenge with a dynamic and growing team? Apply Today!
Ashley Verge | Recruitment Specialist | [email protected]
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. International applicants are welcome to apply but the successful applicant will be required to relocate to Canada, along with providing documentation proving eligibility to work in Canada.