As a national health solutions partner, Medavie is committed to improving the wellbeing of Canadians - and in our digital-first culture, technology is key to providing the products, services and solutions that increase access to care and improve health outcomes.
Our technology team is the backbone of our organization with over 500 employees and growing. We are constantly creating, testing, and learning to enable personalized, digital experiences in all we do.
When you join us, you'll be part of an in-house, innovation led team focused on cutting edge digital health solutions that help provide the best care possible, when and where it's needed.
Job Title: Analyst Department: Information Services - Technology Competition: 85338 Internal/External: Both Employment Type: Full Time Permanent Location: Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, PEI, Newfoundland, Quebec, Ontario - Remote Salary: Competitive Salary Reports To: Team Leader
We're looking for an outstanding Functional Analyst to join us in improving and revitalizing our client-facing applications. You'll collaborate with the team to turn complex business needs and functional requirements into high-quality software solutions, while following departmental software engineering processes, methodologies and standards.
Our ideal candidate is collaborative and team-minded, while also being capable of independent self-direction. You're a great communicator, with a knack for innovative solutions and a keen interest in dynamic and emerging technologies. You see challenges as puzzles to be solved, not roadblocks. You are detail-oriented and organized, able to understand the big-picture goal while focusing on a complex timeline of tasks.
Your everyday with us will consist of:
- Analyze requirements and conceptualize, define and document appropriate solution considering development and Quality Assurance
- Analyze data and system integrations to understand underlying functional impacts introduced through business requirements
- Estimate with high degree of accuracy the effort required to produce appropriate solution
- Lead efforts to carry out appropriate solution with goal of fulfilling all business requirements
- Assess business needs and document requirements
- Transition and communicate problem solution to designers, developers and testers
- Communicate and collaborate with business counterparts the solution status and plans
- Advise, persuade &/or negotiate on problems or situations of a simple to complex nature
- Manage multiple priorities and activities
- Provide supervision, leadership, mentorship, coaching and guidance to any team members, ensuring all members follow the direction provided.
- Plan and coordinate simple to complex projects and activities with team members and any stakeholders both internal to Medavie Blue Cross and external clients.
What's in it for you?
What makes us a different kind of employer? Our award-winning culture, a team who really cares, unmatched training and support are all dedicated to ensuring you are set up for success.
What we offer:
What you need to succeed:
Education: University degree or college diploma in Computer Science or a similar program
Security Clearance: you need to be in Canada for at least 5 years and your current work status should be either Permanent Resident or Citizen of Canada
Work Experience:7+ years in a functional or system analyst role
Language Skills:Proficiency in English is required (written & spoken). Proficiency in French would be an asset.
Skills:Hands on experience in technical solution design, software specifications, conceptualization and development; Hands on experience in agile projects; Customer oriented and focused on delivering high value innovative solutions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential -a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Test Engineer, Testing, Quality Assurance, Software Engineer, Systems Analyst, Engineering, Technology