CASUAL and PART TIME POSITIONS
East Cumberland Lodge is a 74 bed Level I & Level II Nursing Home overlooking the beautiful Pugwash harbour, licensed by the Nova Scotia Department of Health. It is a registered Canadian charity operated by the Cumberland Senior Care Corporation and managed by a Board of Management, Administrator, and Department Directors.
Individuals give basic personal care to the residents of East Cumberland Lodge as assigned and directed by an RN or LPN with the aim of providing a high quality of care for our residents while also assisting residents with activities of daily living.
This position is physically demanding, and the individual must be physically able to lift, turn and assist residents as is necessary. The individual should be, and remain physically, mentally, and emotionally capable to carry out job requirements.
As per the CUPE Local 2391 Collective Agreement current wage rate: $17.22-$23.28 / hour
Required Knowledge / Training
Proof of COVID 19 Vaccinations
• Grade 11.
• Continuing Care Assistant Certification, Provincial Certification as Personal Care Worker, Home Health Provider or Home Health Aide an asset.
• Completion of the NS Provincial Alzheimer's Course an asset.
• Experience in the Resident Care Department of this facility an asset.
• Must be willing to assist residents with daily activities.
• Ability to perform job requirements as in job description. *Job description available upon request.
• Provision of a valid and current Vulnerable Sector Check.