NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining.
ZONE: To be determined
FACILITY: To be determined
CLASSIFICATION: Patient-Oriented Research and Knowledge Translation Advisor
STATUS: Permament full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Regional Director of Research, the Patient-Oriented Research and Knowledge Translation Advisor plays a management and coordination role for all research activities related to patient partners and knowledge translation within Vitalité Health Network. The advisor supports the research activities of the Maritime Provinces Strategy for Patient-Oriented Research (SPOR) Support Unit by helping health professionals, managers and researchers in several stages of research projects.
Patient partners bring a "specialist" viewpoint based on their unique experience and their knowledge of their illness or condition as well as their experience within the health care system. The participation of patient partners in research improves the quality of research. In addition, since health care providers use evidence-based research data in their practice, their participation improves the quality of care. The advisor supplies expertise in patient partner engagement, includes patient partners in all steps of research projects and helps build a culture of engagement within the Network so that patient partners are seen as an integral part of the health research process, decision-making and priority setting.
The advisor provides expertise in the integration, transmission and application of knowledge. In short, they ensure that Network research results are presented and disseminated so as to ensure these are actively and effectively implemented in practice and that all parties are informed (decision-makers, researchers, health professionals and patient partners).
The advisor works on developing sector-specific processes and policies. The advisor is able to make recommendations to the organization's senior management.
- Undergraduate or graduate university training in a field related to the position (science, health management or related field) and at least fives years' experience in the health research field within a university setting, research facility or hospital setting;
- Expertise engaging patient partners;
- Knowledge translation expertise (popularization of research results, scientific writing, press releases and reports, presentations, media interviews, Web platforms, social media);
- Good understanding of the research and major challenges associated with health care systems;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Critical-thinking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Tact and discretion;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Ingenuity (proactive approach);
- Team spirit, continuous learning and great flexibility;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and good time management;
- Ability to fulfil duties and stay on schedule;
- Detail oriented;
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365.
- Ability to work indenpendently and as a team menber;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principales, to the network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.