DEPARTMENT: Integrated Crisis Response Services in Emergency Department
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
JOB TYPE: Permanent full-time
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: French essential and spoken English
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Community Mental Health Center - Edmundston
DEPARTMENT: Psychiatry and Pedopsychiartry (Intergrated Crisis Response Services in Emergency Department)
CLASSIFICATION: Social Worker 2 (SW02) - Lead (Emergency Department)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
FTE : 1.0
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hours shifts - Rotation (days, evenings, weekends and Holidays)
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This position involves coordination work at the Emergency Department, under the management of the Aute Psychiarty Department in crisis situations with clients from Mental Health and Addiction Services. The incumbent will provide leadership, clinical supervision and coordination for this service. They will be required to assign tasks in relation with the objectives of the established plan to maximize services as part of a continuum of care. The social worker will also be required to provide a full range of services to this clientele, including coordination, crisis intervention, evaluation, planning, promotion of services in the community and provision of training to our partners.
- Registered with the New Brunswick Association of Social Workers;
- At least three years' clinical experience in the field of mental health and/or addiction services;
- Good knowledge of computer tools;
- Problem-solving and conflict resolution skills;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills;
- Sound clinical judgment and decision-making skills;
- Good organizational skills and ability to set priorities;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Ability to travel within the zone served;
- ASIST training or obtaining it as soon as possible following hire;
- Crisis intervention training or obtaining it as soon as possible following hire;
- Ability to develop effective partnerships with community networks;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.