NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: NBNU
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr. Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Center
DEPARTMENT: Mother-Child (Pediatrics)
CLASSIFICATION: Registered Nurse Class B (RNCB)
STATUS: Temporary full-time (approximately 2 years)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
SOMMAIRE DE L'EMPLOI:
Reporting to the Manager of the Pediatric Department, the incumbent is responsible for the development, coordination, delivery and assessment of the clinic, as well as the following: coordinates the care, education and nursing follow-up for children and youth with diabetes and their families as outpatients and during periods of hospitalization; plays a central role within the multidiscplinary team to ensure that families benefit from the necessary interventions and support to contribute to the development of their independence in controlling the disease and healthy lifestyle habits to prevent complications associated with diabetes; plans, develops and coordinates continuing education of nursing staff and members of the multidisciplinary team based on best practice guidelines to ensure safe care for patients; and acts as a consultant for community stakeholders.
- Member in good standing of the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- At least two years' recent experience directly related to diabetes acquired in the last five years;
- Commitment to take required training by the deadlines set after obtaining the position;
- Pediatric experience would be an asset;
- Effective communication and education skills;
- Good time management and priority-setting skills;
- Problem-solving skills;
- Functional knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software;
- Availability to use own vehicle and to travel within the zone;
- Valid driver's licence and good driving record;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- In accordance with the Collective Agreement, priority will be given to candidates from the facility.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.