NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 1B - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr.-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Psychiarty and Pedopsychiatry - (Intergrated Crisis Response Services, Emergency Department)
CLASSIFICATION: Human Services Counselor at Emergency Services (3013) (4 positions)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK
12 hour day shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Reporting to the Manager of Pedopsychiatry, the successful candidate assesses, supports and helps patients in developing and maintaining their independence based on their interdisciplinary care plan in support of their reintegration into the community through the implementation of treatment and rehabilitation programs. The successful candidate participates in patients' recovery plans and observes, documents and reports their psychological and behavioral changes. The successful candidate attends multidisciplinary team meetings, intervenes in crisis situations and provides emotional support to patients. The successful candidate assists staff by performing intermediate and close monitoring of patients at risk of suicide and transporting and accompanying patients to appointments in the community. The successful candidate organizes and facilitates sessions and activities (individual/group) on wellness, relaxation, self-esteem, budgeting and life skills.
NB These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may occasionally be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the sector.
- High school diploma and additional administrative support program or course in community integration from six months to one year in length or equivalent;
- Advanced non-violent crisis intervention training of the Crisis Prevention Institute or commitment to take training based on set timeline;
- Training on prevention and management of suicidal behaviours or commitment to take training based on set timeline;
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate;
- Good judgment and organizational skills;
- Ability to use a variety of intervention techniques in new and innovative ways;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Adherence to Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.