Our 2,400 professionals work across six provinces, united by our shared values of being caring, accountable, responsible, innovative and community-minded. We're committed to ensuring our employees thrive in our award-winning, collaborative culture focused on ensuring health, wellness, and personal and professional growth through a variety of programs and support across our organization.
Together with Medavie Health Services, we are part of Medavie - a national health solutions partner with over 7,200 employees. Our mission is to improve the wellbeing of Canadians.
Job Title: Manager, Broker Sales Department: Sales Competition: 84683 Internal/External: Internal/External Employment Type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Montreal Salary: Comprehensive Compensation Reports To: Director, Brokerage Sales Quebec
Reporting to the sales Director, the Manager, Broker Sales provides leadership to a team of group sales representatives. This role will provide feedback, mentoring and coaching to employees to enable their success in meeting established sales and retention targets. In this position, the Manager, through building relationships with internal and external stakeholders, will be expected to grow the group line of business through the Broker distribution channel in Quebec Canada.
- Provide guidance and direction in the day-to-day operations of broker sales team;
- Provide feedback, mentoring and coaching on performance goals, measures and competencies, as well as developing and supporting the career plans and learning opportunities of employees;
- Build relationships with an understanding of the needs of our stakeholders, playing an integral role in influencing the value-added products and services provided to our block of business;
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers and participate in joint sales calls and broker visits with Account Managers
- Responsible for bringing the brokers voice to leadership team to ensure effective development and delivery of customer-satisfying products and services
- Provide input into Marketing and Product Development;
- Liaise with distributors, vendors and stakeholders;
- Work closely with internal departments and representing Broker Sales in matters as they relate to marketing, administration, pricing and systems.
- University degree
- 5-10 years of groups insurance sales experience.
- Experience in a leadership role, preferably in the insurance industry.
- Proven presentation and communication skills, ability to motivate and lead a team of sales professionals; Industry related courses such as LOMA, HIA and CEBS considered an asset.
- Group insurance license is a requirement
- Must have a valid driver's license and the willingness to travel
- Strong computer skills, including an excellent working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of products (Excel, Word, PowerPoint);
- Bilingualism is a requirement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Medavie Blue Cross strives to foster a culture where everyone is enabled to achieve their full potential -a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) where we live our values every day in the way we treat each other, our members and the communities we serve. Accessibility is a top priority.
For applicants with disabilities, we provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Medavie Blue Cross Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest. Please note only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Segment: Equity, Sales Management, Business Development, Manager, Finance, Sales, Management