Req Id: 380211
At The Source, we believe that the right tech makes all the difference and exist to help Canadians discover the endless possibilities of tech. We carry the latest tech, offer advice across all categories and networks, and put our customers first to ensure they find the right tech for them.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
Manage receipt of all inbound shipments, schedule of deliveries & claims submissions. Manage vendor compliance manual in conjunction with merchants. Prepare all auction lots for shipment both domestic and international. Responsible for managing and delegating the workflow of bargaining unit associates.
- Review, verify and/or create paperwork regarding incoming and outgoing inventory.
- Delegate duties and provide direction to bargaining unit associates
- Liaise with Distribution Centre Manager regarding staffing requirements and any performance or attendance issues..
- Review and modify work processes as required in order to obtain maximum efficiency
- Follow published policies related to health and safety rules specific to the workplace as provided by senior management. Promote health and safety within the workplace. Report any potential problems or unsafe situations to supervisors and/or senior management.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Position requires someone who possesses good communication and customer service skills.
- 2 or 3 years college/ University degree or equilalent
- Consumer electronics knowledge is an asset.
- Leadership experience, managing people is required.
- Must possess strong math skills and be comfortable working with numbers.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and continue to be well organized in a fast-paced environment is a must.
- Experience working in a unionozed environment is required.
- Office work area located within the distribution centre; noise can sometimes be an issue. Mental concentration is required to accurately review product details on hundreds of products on a daily basis.
- Ability to handle heavy merchandise and other materials weighing up to 80lbs and be capable of handling product weighing 50lbs on a continuous basis is necessary.
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Barrie
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 08/05/2022
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada's favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home - and we're also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or [email protected] to make arrangements.