On behalf of our client - Piatto Pizzeria, Jump Recruitment Specialists is accepting resumes for the position of Kitchen Manager in their Charlottetown, PEI location.
Who We Are:
Piatto is one of just over 600 pizzerias worldwide to hold the prestigious AVPN (L'Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana) certification from Naples, Italy - the birthplace of pizza. Our passion is a true Neapolitan Experience, and in our world, authenticity is big. Our pizzaiolo use only regulated ingredients and procedures, so you experience a "true" pizza like you would find in the energetic pizzerias in Naples, Italy (but without the airfare).
Who You Are:
The ideal candidate is a strong team player who can take the lead position on the kitchen team. You teach by example, jump in when needed and, of course, have fun while doing it! You'll work in a buzzing, exciting environment where you are the main event, and where entertaining customers and being part of "the show" is a big part of your job! You will oversee managing our back of house staff, leading by example, and helping us create some fabulous new flavours. This unique profession is a true joy for someone who loves to cook and enjoys Italian culture.
As Kitchen Manager, you will deliver the best possible customer experience by ensuring consistent preparation of all products in accordance with VPN and Piatto standards. You will be responsible for all kitchen functions, including but not limited to food purchasing, preparation, and maintenance of quality standards; sanitation and cleanliness; training and coaching of employees in VPN and Piatto methods of cooking, preparation, plating, portion, and cost control.
And to help you, Piatto Pizzeria will invest in you by putting you through our extensive training program to ensure you have all the skills you need to become an incredible pizzaiolo. Our program will teach you the techniques and methods that have been used to create authentic wood-fired pizzas for over 200 years.
Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Manage all aspects of opening and closing the kitchen
- Ensure quality control of all aspects of kitchen operations
- Prepare and serve all food and products consistently, in accordance with the Piatto way and standards, as well as the provincial standards
- Oversee training of staff, and follow-up with one-on-one coaching
- Schedule shifts to meet the needs of the restaurant
- Manage inventory by ensuring all products received follow specifications, and are correct in count and condition
- Follow proper ordering, storage, accurate recipe use, inventory counting, and waste control procedures
- Maintain current food bible and recipe mapping
- Work with managers to plan and price new menus and menu items
- Prepare all required paperwork
- Maintain all equipment through personal inspection, and proper preventative maintenance
- Maintain cleanliness and food handling processes to the highest standards, exceeding public health standards
- Participate in interviewing and hiring of new staff, as well as performance reviews and coaching
- Participate in disciplinary and termination decisions
- Maintain confidentiality of all Piatto policies, procedures, and information
- Culinary training and/or extensive kitchen management experience
- Red Seal Chef considered an asset
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Willingness to be a team player
- Salary of $45,000 - $50,000 (commensurate with experience)
- Paid vacation
- Cost-shared medical, dental and vision
If you are a passionate, strong team player who can take the lead, teach by example, jump in when needed and of course have fun while doing it, apply today!
For more information, please reach out to:
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.