NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Centre hospitalier universitaire Dr. Georges-L. Dumont
DEPARTMENT: Clinical Research and Subspecialty Clinics
CLASSIFICATION: Clinical Research Consultant
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the supervision of the Regional Director – Clinical Research and Subspecialty Clinics, the successful candidate plays a management and coordination role at the senior level for the implementation of methodological research activities at Vitalité Health Network. This person coordinates and develops the research activities of interdisciplinary teams and acts as a mentor (supervision and training) for research unit coordinators of the Methodological Unit of the Regional Office of Research Services. The consultant provides rigorous scientific oversight and management of the Network's research projects. This person collaborates in the creation of innovative research initiatives and provides scientific supervision of the initiatives of clinician-researchers.
The successful candidate works to develop policies and procedures related to the sector. The consultant participates in the ethics submission process for research projects and works closely with the Coordinator of the Research Ethics Board. This person works with management, as needed, to create major initiatives at the research and organizational level. This person also develops the research aspect in the strategic planning of some specific clinical areas, such as pediatrics.
- Graduate-level training in a field related to the position (science, health, management) or an associated field;
- At least 10 years' experience in the health research field within a university setting, research facility or hospital setting;
- Expertise in preparing grant applications;
- Expertise in scientific writing and publishing;
- Expertise coordinating and developing research projects;
- Expertise reviewing research protocols;
- Expertise mentoring and managing staff (teams and students);
- Experience with data processing and analysis;
- Expertise in knowledge transfer;
- Experience in statistics and bioinformatics considered an asset;
- Expertise in writing and reviewing scientific articles;
- Expertise in the scientific method and research;
- Critical-thinking skills;
- Scientific rigour;
- In-depth understanding of the scientific method and research;
- Excellent judgment;
- Computer skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills;
- Tact and discretion;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Resourcefulness (proactive);
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written) in French and good knowledge of English;
- Ability to work on a multidisciplinary team;
- Team spirit, continuous learning and great flexibility;
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and good time management;
- Ability to fulfil duties and stay on schedule;
- Detail oriented;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.