LinkedIn Position Overview:
The Saint John Police Force is now accepting applications for Police Officers.
Police officers are an integral part of the community, responsible for maintaining law and order and protecting members of the public. Police officers build relationships with community members and work collaboratively with them to solve problems and enhance the wellbeing of the people they serve with self-confidence, analytical thinking, while always acting at a high moral standard with honesty and integrity.
Please see below the requirements prior to sending your application:
Minimum Requirements to become a Sworn Police Officer, as outlined in the New Brunswick Police Act:
• have reached the full age of nineteen years,
• be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
• be a graduate of the Police Science Program at the Atlantic Police Academy
• be a graduate of a comparable training course offered at a police training institute approved by the Minister
• a minimum of three years of satisfactory full time service as a member of any police force in Canada.
• not have been convicted of an offence under the Criminal Code (Canada), the Narcotic Control Act (Canada) or the Food and Drugs Act (Canada) or if convicted shall have received a pardon, and
• have a valid driver's license, and
• be of good character and habits
All applicants must be security cleared and able to pass the Physical Abilities Requirement Evaluation (P.A.R.E.) to policing standards.
In addition to the Atlantic Police Academy located in Summerside, PEI, graduates of the following Police Training Academies are also currently recognized:
- British Columbia Justice Institute
- RCMP Training Academy
- Canadian Forces Military Police Academy
- L'Ecole nationale de police du Quebec
- Ontario Police College
NOTE: Community college and other college courses that include studies in law and security administration do not meet the level of training as defined under the NB Police Act.
Salary will follow the wage schedule of the Saint John Police Association collective agreement.
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letters and resumes to:
Saint John Police Force
Attention: Human Resources