TYPE: Temporary Full-Time (1 YR approx.)
COMMENCEMENT DATE: Jan 2022 (approx)
The Meadows is a 105 bed Long Term Care home that is undergoing an exciting transformation in creating self-directed and empowered neighborhood teams that focus on principles of resident centered care/ Eden philosophies of care. Licensed RN's are invited to join our team in helping to enrich the lives of our 104 long term care residents and empower our front line teams to be the best they can be. As a Temp Full Time RN Supervisor you will be required to serve the residents by attending to their medical needs, provide clinical and leadership guidance to neighborhood care team and be agreeable to be the operational site/ unit supervisor during off hours; and lead incident investigations. This position requires flexible hours - including days, evenings, nights and weekends and call-in and short notice shifts. This position may require you to wear a mask for the duration of your shift. The Meadows is a member of HANS group of Employee Benefits Plan and NSHEPP Pension Plan. Proof of vaccination is required for this position. You may be eligible for a signing bonus upon commencement of this position.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
Successful applicant will expect to perform their duties in accordance with the Mission, Vision, Values, Standards, Policies and Procedures of The Meadows. You will need to be available for shifts scheduled or call in's for days, nights, weekends and holidays.
WHAT YOU NEED TO HAVE:
- Demonstrated sincere willingness and passion to engage and participate with those who live in our home and their families, to enhance resident's social, emotional, physical and spiritual needs.
- Relate well to those who live here, their families and those that work in our home with a compassionate, caring, respectful attitude with a strong customer service and stakeholder mindset.
- Registered Nurse fully licensed to practice in the Province of Nova Scotia.
- Must be well organized and be able to initiate workload, work independently and take on additional projects
- Be able and willing to lead, motivate, and supervise others in meeting the objectives of the organization and committed to our philosophy of care.
- Ability to work in harmony as a member of the multidisciplinary team focused on Resident Centered Care
- Reliable to attend work as required
- Resilience to change
- Able to co-ordinate and cope with stressful situations,conduct investigations and keep things in confidence.
- Ability to use computers and scheduling system
- Promote and support a positive work environment and assist in stamping out negativity.
- Support and follow The Meadow's policies.
- Attend meetings as required.
WHAT WE'D LOVE YOU TO HAVE:
- Experience in dealing with the elderly, and associated gerontological conditions.
- Previous experience in nursing, management, supervision and leadership
- CPR certification, P.I.E.C.E.S, Management/Supervisory Training Courses, GPA, Mental Health First Aid
- Neighbourhood Guide etc or willingness to obtain
Announcement Date: Nov 4, 2021
Closing Date: OPEN
Competition Number: 52R-2021
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
E-mail, fax, or mail us or drop off at the Business Office. We'll need your resume, and references.
339 Pleasant Street
Yarmouth NS B5A 2K9
Fax (902) 742-1426
Email: [email protected]
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Offers of employment conditional upon providing a satisfactory, criminal records check and when required, a child abuse registry check. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All hires must sign an agreement to observe and comply with all policies and procedures of Tidal View Manor - The Meadows.