Halifax, NS, Canada Req #1463
Friday, May 6, 2022
Eastlink is a family owned, entrepreneurial and innovative company headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia. We take great pride in being a leader in delivering creative competitive, customer focused telecommunications solutions, and connecting our customers to the things and people that matter most. Serving a customer base across seven provinces, our advanced solutions include Internet, Mobile, TV, Telephone, Security and Automation, Data Communications and exclusive locally produced programming on Eastlink Community TV.
We embrace diversity, inclusion, equity and accessibility throughout all levels of the organization and encourage members of equity groups to self-identify during the application process.
The Roaming Engineer is responsible for engineering and operational activities related to the Roaming services at Eastlink. This positions primary focus is on 3G, LTE, VoLTE/ IMS operations in roaming. You will be joining a locally owned and operated company that is constantly evolving and will provide challenges and inspiration for someone who is truly passionate about developing their career in theTelecommunication area, and delivering high quality Services within the award winning Eastlink Mobile Network, while having the opportunity to work with cutting edge and fastest growing and evolving Mobile and ICT technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate, plan and perform Roaming testing and network configurations for 3G, LTE, IMS, VoLTe roaming and in order to facilitate new services and expanding our Roaming footprint
- Network updates using IR21 documents received from Roaming Partners - specify, create and track work orders for Roaming data network changes required in order to ensure inbound and outbound roaming continues to operate.
- Act as the technical roaming subject matter expert on new projects either in design, test or implementation stages
- Collaborate with cross functional teams/other platform owners with the implementation of network projects and upgrade strategies
- Collaborate with Roaming Partners and internal stakeholders e.g. Commercial and customer care, to identify trends and drive fixes for inbound / outbound live roaming incidents within the agreed service SLA
- Provide analysis of network and systems response to improve performance
- Perform effective issue identification and resolution process for network and customers issues
- Assist in identifying and the collection of metrics and performance reporting processes
- Participate in key vendor/industry forums to learn system and service health best practices
- University degree in Electrical/Telecommunications Engineering, Computer Science, or similar.
- Minimum 3+ years relevant work/industry experience with an advanced knowledge of concepts, protocols, vendors, and industry trends in legacy and next generation cellular data networks
- Knowledge of TCP/IP related translations; understanding of SIP, Diameter and HTTPs protocols is an advantage.
- Must have a solid understanding of the 3G, 4G, VoLTE/IMS architecture, call flows, technologies, services, and implementations based upon 3GPP standards
- Demonstrated problem solving / analytical skills and knowledge of analytical tools
- Experience supporting mission-critical infrastructure in a fast-paced environment is preferred.
- Teamwork, customer focus, accountability, cooperation, respect, and innovation are demonstrated on daily basis.
- Ability to work under pressure while faced multiple deadlines and to be on-call in order to provide 24/7 technical support.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The successful candidate must provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 upon hire, subject to Federal Human rights law.
Why Choose Eastlink?
Eastlink operates in a culture of continuous improvement through listening, learning and adapting, which enables us to respond quickly to the evolving needs of both employees and customers. We recognize that our truly greatest competitive edge is our people and that delivering a great customer experience begins with a great employee experience. Our philosophy of developing and training our team "on the ground" not only helps to create a strong onboarding experience but also readies employees for future growth opportunities within the organization.
Get your career started with us and stay with us, your journey begins here!
- Pay Type Salary