NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Zone 4 - Northwest
FACILITY: Edmundston Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Float Team
CLASSIFICATION: Nursing Unit Clerk (1027)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED DATE: October, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
6, 8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
The incumbent will perform a wide range of clerical and secretarial tasks.
N.B. These are only the main duties of the position. Other related duties may be assigned as required for the smooth operation of the area.
- High-school diploma or GED and medical secretary diploma or postsecondary secretarial course (minimum of one year) with additional medical terminology training;
- Recent working experience in the field of the secretarial department;
- Good knowledge of and ability to use computer tools and office automation applications effectively;
- Capacity to work in very busy periods and to manage well its priorities;
- Ability to adapt and cope with sometimes tense situations;
- Calme and flexible nature;
- Ability to briefly describe desired position and explain interest in position;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by the Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.