Category Sourcing Manager (03-2238)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. Then Atlantic Lottery may be a perfect fit!
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Category Sourcing Manager. Location is flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
Reporting to the Manager, Supply Chain Management, you will be responsible for the end-to-end development and delivery of Atlantic Lottery (AL) Procurement and Category Management approaches. This includes; Strategic Sourcing, Contract Development, Contract Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Category Spending Analytics and Collaborative Leadership both within the team and among internal business units to influence operational change.
You will guide the process that leverages scale, maximizes supplier relationships, minimizes risks and drives business value. You will provide leadership to, and work in collaboration with, the Procurement Analyst(s) to manage assigned categories.
Sourcing - Provide strategic oversight and ownership of the Public Procurement bid process for assigned categories, leveraging appropriate resources. Lead strategic procurement and category management initiatives ensuring all activities are in adherence to the Atlantic Procurement Agreement and AL's Procurement Policy.
Contract Development - Facilitate the development of high value, high complexity contracts, addendums, Statements of Work (SOW), Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA), etc., working closely with Legal Services and internal/external parties as required. Act as Lead Negotiator on various procurement engagements that optimize value beyond cost savings, while minimizing risk to the AL.
Contract Management - Work closely with Procurement Analysts, business and Finance teams to develop contractual cost models and financial information for on-going cost tracking. Responsible for end-to-end contract lifecycle management.
Vendor Management - Develop solid governance framework including process and tools. Responsible for setting up, the governance model for vendors in collaboration with internal business partners. Ensure governance structure is communicated with vendors and included in contracts as required. Actively and proactively address vendor issues.
Contract Analytics - Regularly analyze and present spend information for assigned vendors and categories; provide internal business owners with recommendations and fact-based information to make decisions related to spend; provide other reports and analysis as required by the business.
Leadership - Provide day-to-day direction, coach, mentor, and manage performance of direct report(s). As a member of the CSM management team, collaborate on and implement strategies to continually evolve the function of supply chain management within the business. Act as a change agent within the business, collaborating with assigned commodity groups to influence change.
What we can expect from you:
- Proven ability to draft and activate advanced service level agreements, vendor management reviews and contract performance metrics.
- Exceptional negotiation, industry research, analytical and value analysis skills.
- Proven experience in public procurement, managing entire cycle from RFX's stage through to producing contracts and final agreements.
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills supported with an ability to deal effectively with all levels of management, staff and external vendors.
- Advanced presentation skills at senior management levels.
- Ability to interpret and implement corporate policy in all corporate procurement activities.
- Sound judgment, decision making, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with changing priorities.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team.
- Assist in transforming the Supply Chain Management function and improve the results of the business unit by demonstrating creativity, continuous improvement and future focused, strategic thinking.
- Advanced MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
You should apply if you have the following:
- 5+ years' experience working in Supply Chain Management, preferably in the public sector where Category Management methods are embedded.
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP) Designation or a willingness to work towards the SCMP designation.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered
Awesome if you had:
- Experience working in SharePoint and ERP systems, preferably Oracle
- Applied Change Management skills training.
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- Defined Pension Plan.
- Management position has 4 weeks of vacation allocated (pro-rated) & 1 week of management leave (pro-rated).
- 12 paid statutory holidays in NB
- 3 personal leave days per year
- Bonus programs that include annual performance & sales goals.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All new hires for our Contact Center are required to provide services in both official languages therefore there will be some questions during the interview in both languages.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
Work With Us
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces.
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.