Program Manager (03-2235)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. Then Atlantic Lottery may be a perfect fit!
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Program Manager. Although preference is Moncton based, the location is flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As our Program Manager, you will own a growing program/portfolio of initiatives that drive improvements to our products, applications and platforms. Our team leads exciting and new technology changes and rapid implementation of innovative new ideas across the company. In this role, you will be responsible for the oversight and delivery of a variety of initiatives, implementing and improving processes and coordinating strategically to help teams perform at their best.
Working collaboratively with peers in the Project Management Office (PMO), across Information Technology (IT) and the organization, you report to the Manager, Delivery and Performance, and are responsible to support an overall strategy that ensures a well-coordinated roadmap for smooth and timely delivery of initiatives.
Closing Date: October 10, 2021
Manage all aspects throughout a software development program -- including timeline, scope, budget, resource allocations and conflicts with internal and external delivery teams -- and ensure on-time, high-quality deliveries which support business interests.
Champion prioritization activities, management and communications necessary to execute a Program/Portfolio of initiatives. Regularly meeting to identify and prioritize business needs.
Work with leadership to navigate through advancements in our platforms, processes and products. Build strong and collaborative cross-functional relationships and serve as the key interface to key functions, including business teams/owners, internal and external development teams, product and design, testing teams etc.
Drive delivery/program definition by locking down high-level requirements and long-term goals from business and technical stakeholders and translating those into detailed roadmaps in addition to tasks actionable by delivery teams.
Work closely with team members and provide delivery leadership to ensure effective coordination of initiatives within the program.
Lead communication and action around technical risks, mitigation strategies, expectations, priorities and schedules for programs and roadmaps.
Proactive in driving process and productivity improvements across multiple teams and functions.
Responsible to develop and lead regular reporting on delivery health. Actively manage business-level communications and report on status, Key Performance Indictors (KPIs) and metrics to include delivery phases, upcoming milestones, budget allocations, risks, issues, etc.
Supports development of Statements of Work (SOW's) with external service providers regarding short-term deliverables and solutions. Then monitors vendor delivery to the signed SOW working with the vendor to assist in the successful execution of the SOW.
What we can expect from you:
- A passion for program and delivery management, and an established track record of driving programs, while delivering strategic benefits.
- Excellent communication, leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to influence peers and managers, resolve conflict and build consensus while dealing with ambiguity.
- Self-motivation, critical thinking, and adaptability; you balance business needs, a sense of urgency, and delivering high quality solutions.
- Strong problem-solving, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to build and manage strong and effective relationships.
- Someone who's decisions are always made with the player in mind and;
- You can adapt to change in a nimble & agile fashion.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 7+ years of experience with program management in software development lifecycles, project management or related discipline.
- University Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant industry experience.
- Some leadership experience.
Awesome if you had:
- Gaming experience
- Project Manager Professional (PMP) Certification
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- Defined Pension Plan.
- Management position has 4 weeks of vacation allocated (pro-rated) & 1 week of management leave (pro-rated).
- 12 paid statutory holidays in NB
- 3 personal leave days per year
- Bonus programs that include annual performance & sales goals.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All new hires for our Contact Center are required to provide services in both official languages therefore there will be some questions during the interview in both languages.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
Work With Us
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces.
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.