Audit and Risk Professional (03-2236)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. Then Atlantic Lottery may be a perfect fit!
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking an Audit & Risk Professional. Location is flexible within Atlantic Canada with occasional travel to Moncton, NB.
As our Audit & Risk Professional, you will be responsible for building strong relationships while performing a variety of audit engagements and initiatives. In this role, you will promote risk and control management enterprise-wide and identify opportunities and make recommendations to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency. You provide expertise, advice and opinions to internal customers, including senior management, on the proposed design of internal controls, and/or areas for improvement.
Review and test internal controls to ensure overall effectiveness and compliance with regulations, standards and company policies.
Conduct interviews with employees, including management, to gather information.
Prepare and present reports that summarize the audit results, and that recommend cost effective, realistic business controls that support risk-intelligent decision-making.
Co-create the internal audit plan.
Support your team members through coaching and mentoring.
What we can expect from you:
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills.
- You are analytical and have strong problem-solving abilities.
- You are organized and self-directed in your work.
- You are able to make sound judgements and recommendations.
- Possess tact when dealing with sensitive situations and ensuring confidentiality.
- A self-starter and an independent thinker who follows-up on responsibilities in a timely manner.
- A team player who values the importance of teamwork.
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy.
- Possess flexibility and have a track record of delivering results in a fast-paced and highly ambiguous work environment.
You should apply if you have the following:
- Post-secondary education in a business-related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience in auditing, project management or process improvement.
- A willingness to pursue CIA, CISA, or similar designations.
Awesome if you had:
- Gaming experience
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision.
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs.
- Defined Pension Plan.
- 3 weeks of vacation allocated (pro-rated) & 12 paid statutory holidays in NB
- 3 personal leave days per year
- Bonus programs that include annual performance & sales goals.
- Career advancement opportunities.
Recruitment Process: COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person. All new hires for our Contact Center are required to provide services in both official languages therefore there will be some questions during the interview in both languages.
Internal Employees: Internal Employees interested in this opportunity must be in "good standing," which entails meeting expectations on their previous performance review. Performance Improvement plans, disciplinary action memos, attendance, training and other performance related memos will be taken into consideration as well, when determining the applicant's "good standing" status.
Work With Us
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
Now that you can work from anywhere, your best life is waiting in Atlantic Canada. At Atlantic Lottery, you can choose to live and work in any of our four Atlantic provinces.
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.