Test Lead (03-2228)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. Then Atlantic Lottery may be a perfect fit!
Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Test Lead located in Moncton, NB.
As a Test Lead you endeavor to reduce the defects resulting from system changes by ensuring proper testing. You are accountable for testing the delivery of major projects as well as mentoring other testing peers towards the achievement of the group's goals. This includes preparing, reviewing and executing on test plans that describe how system releases will be tested. In addition to the overall execution of
Plan, deliver and execute testing services for assigned projects: From a project's business requirements and test strategy documents, develop the appropriate test plans required to ensure effective testing will occur. These test plans may cover all phases of testing and span across multiple vendors.
Report on Testing Services: Gather project testing metrics and consolidate into Testing Status Reports for each project; distribute reports in a timely manner; escalate any possible deviations from the established testing plan; develop Test Exit Reports.
Ensure that solutions delivered to production are of the agreed level of quality: Produce regular testing status reports to communicate the level of quality of project deliverables.
Assist in the leadership of Testing Services: Contribute to the overall Testing Services Framework; participate in the development of the Testing Services vision and strategy; provide subject matter expertise in the area of quality control and quality assurance. Continuously participate in process improvements to deliver more effective and efficient testing services.
Mentor junior level members of the Testing Services team: Participate in the development of the team's ability to deliver more effective and efficient testing services by providing guidance to junior level testers.
What we can expect from you:
- You are a self-starter with the ability to work independently or collaboratively as part of a team;
- You have strong listening, communication, and collaboration skills;
- You are passionate and curious, you strive to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns;
- You have strong analytical and IT skills, you take a meticulous approach to your work;
- You have a creative mindset and the ability to approach a problem creatively;
- You have a desire to build exceptional experiences, your decisions are always made with the player in mind and;
- You can adapt to change in a nimble and agile fashion.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 3+ years' experience working in a cross-functional testing team with some of those years working in a test lead capacity.
- Knowledge of performance testing and automation methodologies and tools.
- Knowledge of quality management tools such as test management and defect management.
- A Degree or Diploma in Information Technology, Engineering or Business-related fields.
Awesome if you had:
- Gaming experience
- Testing Certification
- Extended medical and health coverage that includes medical, dental and vision
- Basic life insurance, disability and wellness programs
- Defined Pension Plan
- 3 weeks of vacation allocated (pro-rated) & 12 paid statutory holidays in NB
- 3 personal leave days per year
- Bonus programs that include annual performance & sales goals
- Career advancement opportunities
COVID-19 has accelerated change across our workplace, including our hiring practices! As a result, throughout your application process, you may be asked to connect with us virtually, and may not be required to meet in-person.
Work With Us
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.