Respiratory Therapist - 2 (RT02)
Competition #: 1-15391 EXT
Salary: $25.90 to $32.36
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Respiratory Therapy - Sleep Clinic
CLASSIFICATION: Respiratory Therapist - 2 (RT02)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
See to clinical and technical aspects in respiratory therapy related to polysomnography examinations. Be able to report to work within 20 minutes when on stand-by and call-back duty. Carry out all other related duties as per the needs of the department.
- Member of the New Brunswick Association of Respiratory Therapists (NBART);
- BLS (basic life support) certification and maintenance of this certification;
- Recognized polysomnography course considered an asset;
- Proven skills developing a treatment and therapy plan in collaboration with the patient, their loved ones and the interdisciplinary team;
- Proven ability to organize and manage workload;
- Proven ability to operate in a changing work environment;
- Proven skills in communication and interpersonal relations with the care team;
- Practical computer skills;
- Good visual acuity;
- Sustained interest in becoming more knowledgeable;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.