Medical Laboratory Technologist 5 (LT05)
Competition #: 1-14429 EXT
Salary: $41.67 to $50.25
Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 1 - Beausejour
FACILITY: Dr-Georges-L.-Dumont University Hospital Centre
DEPARTMENT: Laboratory - Hematology
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Laboratory Technologist 5 (LT05)
STATUS: Permanent full time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: May, 2021
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
This position involves administrative, clinical and technical monitoring performed under the general supervision of the Manager or Regional Director of Laboratory Services. The position's duties include the following: managing the staff as well as the clinical and technical activities of the hematology sector; taking part in local, regional and provincial interest groups; participating in the administrative duties of Laboratory Services; being responsible for the sector's quality control and improvement programs; identifying equipment needs; and performing any other related duties to meet the needs of Laboratory Services in the zone.
- Active member of the New Brunswick Society of Medical Laboratory Technologists (NBSMLT);
- Advanced Registered Technologist (ART) certification in hematology from the Canadian Society of Medical Laboratory Science OR
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science;
- At least six years' experience in hematology, acquired over the past 10 years;
- Competencies in the development and maintenance of policies, procedures and protocols;
- Proven leadership and staff management skills;
- Proven ability to function in various situations;
- Proven teaching, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong interest in becoming more knowledgeable in order to improve and maintain service quality and patient safety;
- Proven ability to organize and manage assigned workload;
- Proven ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with Vitalité Health Network's confidentiality rules.
Written and spoken competence in French and English is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.