Quality and Patient Safety Advisor
Competition #: 5-14148 EXT
Salary: $ 57,382 to $ 80,132
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: Management and Non Bargaining
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Quality and Patient Safety
CLASSIFICATION: Quality and Patient Safety Advisor
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Under the direction of the Quality and Patient Safety Manager, the incumbent is responsible for supporting and promoting a culture of continuous improvement in quality and patient safety in all establishments and programs where serves are provided, this by building on best practices and evidence. He/she will work closely with all levels of the organization to implement an Integrated Quality Management Program and will support them in the delivery of quality and safe patient-centered care and services.
The advisor is responsible for supporting the development and implementation of quality and patient safety plans, monitoring results and evaluating the effectiveness of patient safety initiatives.
The advisor provides support and participates in the Network's accreditation activities in achieving and maintaining accreditation status. He/she will coordinate activities related to the accreditation process and will work closely with the teams to achieve their standards and required organizational practices.
He/she also works closely with customer experience advisors in continuous improvement processes.
- Undergraduate diploma in the health care field or any combination of equivalent training and experience;
- Graduate University Degree considered as an asset;
- Five (5) years of varied experience in the health field;
- Clinical experience in the hospital setting;
- Management experience considered as an asset;
- Focused on obtaining results: dynamic and committed to obtaining results;
- Creative reasoning: motivated to find new solutions, perspectives, and ways of thinking;
- Leadership and commitment: dynamic and able to suggest necessary changes based on best practices;
- Positive attitude and broad discretion;
- Focused on client service: ability to place emphasis on the satisfaction and needs of clients, partners, and team members;
- Effective communication: ability to clearly express one's ideas and respect for various points of view;
- Ability to prepare and give presentations to various groups;
- Team building: ability to contribute to the training of highly motivated teams, skills in team facilitation and coordination of initiatives;
- Skills in research methodology and interpretation of results;
- Superior skills in using the Microsoft Suite tools;
- Functional Knowledge of Meditech;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, to the Network's management philosophy and to organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.