Enterprise Business Analyst (03-2137)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you this may be a perfect fit. Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking an Enterprise Business Analyst, based in Moncton, NB or Halifax, NS or St. John's, NL.
The Enterprise Business Analyst is responsible for acting as a liaison between the Solutions Delivery team, and the Business system owners and users. It is the responsibility of the Enterprise Business Analyst to understand the business needs, portfolio impacts and opportunities, and help plan, prioritize and translate these needs into clear instructions for a solution.
Our Team's Core Values are:
- Take accountability for your outcomes, end to end.
- We are dedicated to results.
- Carry the IT brand in everything you do.
- Embrace what you don't know, learn the business, learn how things work, learn what you need to get the job done and leverage the people around you.
- We are better as a team.
- The decisions we make as a team are stronger than the decisions we make as individuals.
- The trust we have enables us to make the best decisions together that make us all successful.
- We prioritize the success of the team over the success of the individual.
- Chaos is the new reality.
- We are passionate about our work.
- We laugh hard, loud and often.
- Be respectful, be kind; always.
Work with project teams to elicit, analyze, document and manage business requirements needed to generate technical specifications for the delivery of in-house and third-party application solutions.
Understand, analyze, and communicate business requirements to technical resources and third-party vendors. Maintain a requirements traceability matrix throughout the project lifecycle.
Support the enterprise in the planning and prioritization of short and long-term initiatives that align to AL's strategic objectives by leading preliminary assessments to determine benefits and impacts of new offerings and by providing support for business case development.
Work with business stakeholders to define requirements for enhancement initiatives and to scope, prioritize and align them appropriately into enhancement releases.
Support change management activities by identifying impacts to current operations based on business requirements and system functionality. Help execute mitigation activities such as solution and impact workshops, process development and training requirements.
Support the Request for Proposal (RFP) process by working with business stakeholders to understand their needs and help define requirements for procurement requests.
Assess, develop, and rationalize complex business processes that align with AL's strategic objectives.
Provide accurate assessments and estimates for business participation in project and release plans, with focus on testing and verification of the delivered system.
What we can expect from you:
- You have solid written and oral communication skills. Your writing is clear, concise, complete and correct. You effectively and efficiently communicate ideas to others, listen actively and are comfortable with public speaking. You know how to read your audience and adapt your communication style to the situation.
- You are empathetic and strive to understand how a potential solution may impact players, business users, processes, systems and the organization.
- You have strong interpersonal skills including relationship-building, consensus-building, influencing and leadership.
- You take an agile approach to business analysis activities and all you do. You recognize the need to quickly respond to changes in order to ensure alignment with strategic objectives in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a desire to build exceptional client experiences, are passionate and curious and strive to help clients meet their needs and solve their concerns and;
- You are result-oriented with an ability to multi-task, prioritize multiple initiatives and develop solutions where plans may not exist;
- You have strong business acumen with an aptitude for strategic, critical and analytical thinking and;
- A strong level of passion and willingness to be awesome!
Who's a good fit for this team:
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities;
- You possess a strong logical and analytical skill set.
- You are task, detail and deadline oriented.
- You are a self-starter and an independent thinker, you follow-up on responsibilities in a timely manner and are also a strong team player;
- Your decisions are always made with the player in mind;
- You can adapt to change in a nimble and agile fashion;
- You thrive in an ambiguous environment where your knowledge, skills and abilities can materially and positively impact the organization and;
- You are a natural leader.
You should apply if you have the following:
- 4+ years of progressive experience in business analysis, as a product owner, or related activities and;
- Business Analysis training.
Awesome if you had:
- Experience in lottery and/or gaming industry;
- Change Management and/or Portfolio Planning experience and;
- Business Analysis certifications.
Work With Us
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility.
Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard, and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply before March 18th, 2021.
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.