Medical Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (3041)
Competition #: 1-12564 EXT
Salary: $20.7929 to $22.3817
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE : Zone 1 - Beauséjour
FACILITY: Stella-Maris-de-Kent Hospital
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Laboratory Assistant/Phlebotomist (3041)
ANTICIPATED DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8 and 12-hour shifts - Rotation
Possibility of standby and call back
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Prepares laboratory specimens for analytical processing and/or performs venous and capillary blood procurement.
- High school graduation plus a medical laboratory assistant program/course of over six months and up to one year or equivalent;
- National medical laboratory assistants certification of Canadian Society for Medical Laboratory Science (CSMLS) considered an asset;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to the principles of professional ethics, the management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set forth by Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in French and spoken competence in English are required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.