DEPARTMENT: Nursing Supervisors
BARGAINING UNIT: Nurse Managers/Supervisors
JOB TYPE: Casual
SCHEDULE: Day, Night, Weekend, Rotation, 8 and 12-hour shifts. Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS: Bilingual essential
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
The successful candidate will coordinate, direct and control the administrative and clinical activities of Vitalité Health Network for the designated facility(ies). The position will coordinate staff and manage beds, emergency measures and any other situations involving the entire facility. The position will work with the entire organization as well as external partners. The position may have to perform any other related duties depending on the department's needs.
- Registration with the Nurses Association of New Brunswick;
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing;
- Minimum of five years' relevant clinical experience in the past eight years;
- Two years' experience in health care management in a hospital setting considered an asset;
- Health service management certificate or equivalent or willingness to obtain same within set time frame;
- Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate;
- Successful completion of nursing certification programs specific to unit within set time frames;
- Proven skills as a leader and as a change agent;
- Ability to remain calm during sometimes tense situations;
- Ability to manage their time and assigned workload effectively;
- Ability to communicate with colleagues, clients and visitors with tact and courtesy;
- Good judgment along with problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.