Wait Staff (Dietary Aide)
Job Category: Operations
Position Available: Casual
Ocean View is a Charitable organization that has been operating since the early 1960's. We provide a variety of services, predominately for seniors and others folks that need a little extra help in day to day living. Between in care living and community supports, we proudly serve over 500 individuals each year through our 320+ staff and 100+ volunteers. Our vision is to be the "community of choice" for Nova Scotians needing support in a place they call home. We are committed to the highest standards of support and services and we promote a healthy workplace for staff. We foster a healthy work-life balance and use the latest best practice information at all levels. Fully accredited by Accreditation Canada since 1974, our commitment to excellence and safety is unsurpassed.
Job Summary: The Wait Staff (Dietary Aide) is responsible for the assembly, delivery and service of food and supplies to assigned areas. The Wait Staff (Dietary Aide) is also responsible for maintaining tables, carts, dishes and food service areas in a sanitary condition.
- Cleaning and maintaining assigned areas of the facility in a sanitary condition
- Responsible for maintaining all assigned areas and equipment in sanitary condition
- Supporting residents to "live well" according to assigned tasks, within scope of employment
- Responsible for Nutrition related duties
- Minimum completion of Grade Twelve (12) required.
- Experience in maintaining a clean and sanitary food service environment. Preference to candidates who have recently completed the National Sanitation Program.
- Knowledge and ability to operate and clean an institutional dishwasher and kitchen equipment.
- Working knowledge of WHMIS legislation.
- Must demonstrate good written and oral communication skills and ability to provide excellent service to residents, staff, and visitors of the facility.
- Demonstrated ability to attend work on a regular and consistent basis.
- Knowledge of therapeutic and familiar with dietary requirements of geriatric residents
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre Offers:
- Free Parking & on Bus Route
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Comprehensive Orientation
- A supportive work environment
- Casual staff will be paid 10% in lieu of vacation
Salary Range: We offer a competitive compensation package
Rotation: Weekends / Days / Evenings / Holidays; May be changed as necessary to meet the operational requirements of the facility.
Please be aware that OVCCC is a pet friendly environment that is home to several animals including cats, birds, and rabbits.
Please direct all applications to:
Ocean View Continuing Care Centre
Or Fax to: 902-465-4929