NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
ZONE: Zone 5 - Restigouche
FACILITY: Campbellton Regional Hospital
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
Based on the agreement set by the department/service head;
Evening and weekend on-call coverage shared among the department members.
The Campbellton Regional Hospital in New Brunswick is seeking to recruit a full-time pediatrician. The pediatrician will have great clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical problems within their field of specialization. They will exercise independent judgment, provide outpatient services and act as a consultant for other physicians. In short, they will be responsible for providing pediatric care to the population of the Restigouche Zone. The candidate will be expected to participate in teaching medical students and residents.
The position involves professional medical work performed by a licensed specialist (holding specialist licensure recognized by the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New Brunswick). A licensed specialist enjoys great clinical independence in the diagnosis, care and treatment of medical problems within their field of specialization. They exercise independent judgment; however, their results and observations may be monitored and evaluated by the department or clinical program head or by the medical director responsible for the department to which the physician belongs. Their work may also be monitored by the local and regional Chiefs of Staff and the Medical Director for the zone within the regional health authority (RHA). The physician abides by the By-Laws of the RHA.
- Certification from the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada (FRCPC);
- Degree from a recognized medical school and postgraduate university degree in the field of specialization (Pediatrics);
- Eligible for a licensure with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of New-Brunswick;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Physical ability to perform the assigned work;
- Good work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethical principles, the Network's management philosophy, and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality set by Vitalité Health Network
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The remuneration is based on a salary model with benefits.
- Moving expenses allowance.
- Possibility of a recruitment incentive depending on eligibility, as determined by the Department of Health (return of service required).
- This job is also posted on NBhealthjobs.
- For more information about Vitalite Health Network, please visit the Network's website.
- For more information about the community, please visit the City of Campbellton's website.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.