Keyin College is one of Canada's largest private colleges with a long-standing commitment to student success. Their contribution to the post-secondary educational field in both Newfoundland and Labrador and nationally is extensive.
Keyin is currently searching to fill the critical role of Admissions Officer for their Marystown location! You could be part of a team that has been providing meaningful careers of their almost 40,000 graduates over the past 40 years.
- Identify strategies for recruitment initiatives and assist in their implementation;
- Maintain and advance Keyin's current strategic partnerships and explore/develop new ones.
- Maintain a focus on collaborative recruitment efforts, information sharing, research and student welcoming services;
- Utilize various online communication tools and social media platforms for recruitment initiatives;
- Work closely with college personnel responsible for admissions, academic advising, marketing, and communications;
- Attend meeting and events as well as prepare and present to various groups including High School Students, Community Groups and Funders;
- Establish and maintain relationships with the various groups;
- Work with potential students to ensure they are enrolled in appropriate programs that fit their academic capabilities and career paths;
- Ensure you understand the sources of funding available to students and maintain constant contact with all agencies;
- Work with potential students to ensure funding is in place to suit their needs;
- Provide reports as required;
- Assist with other administrative tasks and duties.
- 2 years of related experience (e.g. educational liaison in an academic environment, communications or public relations, program/project administration, sales, human resources or recruiting, etc.);
- Post secondary education from a college or university;
- Experience with the MS Office suite (especially Word, Outlook, PowerPoint), and use of virtual meeting technologies (ex. Teams, Zoom, WhatsApp, etc.);
- Experience and proven success in customer service, presentations and public speaking skills;
- Experience attending events/fairs, knowledge of Newfoundland and Labrador post-secondary system, admissions criteria, and college programs, is considered and asset;
- Demonstrated advising/counselling skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to make effective presentations and respond to detailed enquiries;
- Analytical with strong problem-solving skills, particularly for identifying trends in markets, generating original ideas and innovative solutions;
- Excellent organizational skills including ability to work independently, meet deadlines, coordinate a number of projects/programs simultaneously in response to changing/conflicting priorities;
- Effective at relationship building;
- Can work effectively under pressure of high volume;
- Holds a valid 'G' driver's license with proven good driving record and access to a reliable vehicle required;
- Is willing to travel for work;
- And must be located within Newfoundland and Labrador.
Please contact Brendan Hagerty, with any inquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client embraces diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.