Saint John Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007) PCN 9250391
Horizon Health Network in Saint John, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48468 External
BARGAINING UNIT: CUPE
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: Admitting/Registration Department
FACILITY: Saint John Regional Hospital
POSTING TYPE: Casual
JOB TITLE: Admitting/Registration/Scheduling Clerk
CLASSIFICATION: Admission/Registration/Scheduling Clerk (1007)
LANGUAGE: English Essential with requirements to handle verbal French inquiries
HOURS OF WORK: CASUAL - Rotating Days, Evenings, Nights, Subject to change due to operational requirements
SALARY: $20.0320 to $21.5624 per hour
The Admitting/Registration/Scheduling Clerk is responsible for performing interviews, admissions, registrations, pre-admissions, and bed management procedures.
- High school graduation plus an additional program/course (s) of up to six months OR five (5) years of recent experience (within the last 8 years) as a 1007, shall be considered as equivalent.
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English and spoken competence in French are required (Level 2/Intermediate)
Demonstrated proficiency verified by testing in:
- Data Entry 4000 KSPH
- Medical Terminology Spelling 75%
- Medical Terminology Vocabulary 75%
- Excel 50%
- Outlook 50%
- Word 50%
The Admitting/Registration/Scheduling Clerk is responsible for:
- Admitting patients and registering/scheduling patient appointments
- Preparing and maintaining patient records
- Maintaining bed tracking systems
- Performing general clerical duties
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Attention to Detail
- Information Gathering
- Interpersonal Relations
- Patient/Client Focus
- Results Orientation
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by November 25, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48468 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.