Saint John Dietitian 1 (DT01) PCN 1254660
Horizon Health Network in Saint John, NB
Horizon Health Network is an equal opportunity employer.
COMPETITION #: 2020-48434 External
BARGAINING UNIT: SHCP
ZONE: Saint John
DEPARTMENT: PHSJ Early Child Initiative
FACILITY: Public Health - Saint John
POSTING TYPE: Temporary Full Time
JOB TITLE: Dietitian
CLASSIFICATION: Dietitian 1 (DT01)
LANGUAGE: English Essential
HOURS OF WORK: Day; Evening; Night; Rotating; TEMP: December 7, 2020 to November 23, 2022; Subject to change due to operational requirements.
SALARY: $28.6537 to $37.5896 per hour (Subject to employment status)
The Dietitian is responsible for managing the nutritional care of clients. This is professional dietetics practice in either clinical nutrition, community nutrition or food service operations towards the attainment, maintenance and promotion of the health of individuals, groups and the community
- A Bachelor of Science degree in nutrition or dietetics and successful completion of an accredited internship program.
- Must be registered and a member in good standing with the New Brunswick Association of Dietitians.
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) and completion of the Certification Program for Insulin Dose Adjustment considered an asset
- Ability to attend work on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Good work record.
- Written and spoken competence in English is required
The Dietitian is responsible for:
- Assessing, planning, and providing therapy to individuals and groups
- Maintaining clinical records and documentation
- Participating in interdisciplinary care planning
- Preparing and presenting information and education sessions
- Providing mentoring and support for students
- Participating in developing, maintaining and evaluating policies and procedures
Employees are responsible to be aware of and understand Horizon's Terms of Employment: http://skyline/EmploymentBenefits/Pages/Terms-of-your-Employment-.aspx
Competencies identified by Horizon Health Network:
- Analytical Thinking
- Interpersonal Relations
- Mentoring and Coaching
- Patient/Client Focus
- Planning and Prioritizing Work
- Teamwork and Collaboration
Applications for this position must be submitted on-line by December 2, 2020.
NOTE: There will be no further postings for this position should there be no fully qualified applicants. If you wish to be considered for this position and have most of the qualifications as posted and the registration or licensure where required, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
Should testing be required to demonstrate language proficiency, the official results will be shared with the candidate, Human Resources and the requesting manager electronically and will be placed on the personnel file for Horizon hiring purposes.
Please quote Competition # 2020- 48434 -External . Horizon Health Network appreciates expressed interest, however, only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted. Human Resources Department, Horizon Health Network.