Posted 14 days ago
Company Website: http://queensmanor.ca
We are seeking an innovative and enthusiastic Environmental General Worker to join our team. You will be part of a team who clearly want to make a difference in the lives of the sixty-one residents who call Queens Manor "home".
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direction of the Director of Support Services, the General Worker Environmental Services assumes responsibility for all aspects of Environmental Services:
- To clean and sanitize designated areas of the building
- Floor cleaning
- To safely handle, remove and dispose wastes
- To maintain and clean resident equipment
- To stock supplies throughout the building as per departmental procedures.
- To participate in continuing education opportunities
- To perform all other related duties as directed by the Director of Support Services.
- Dry mop/sweep dining room floors and kitchenettes
- Wet mop dining rooms and kitchenettes
- Clean dining tables and chairs
- Wheelchair and walker cleaning
- Clean offices
- Empty nighttime incontinence products and garbage
- Clean main room prior to end of shift
- Clean kitchen range hood and dishwasher exhaust
- Floor care and maintenance
- Clean staff and public washrooms
- Start nighttime laundry before end of shift
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Must be able to follow verbal and written instruction with minimal direction.
- Previous environmental experience in a long-term care environment an asset.
- Must be able to lift 30- 50 pounds
- Must be able to work independently and cooperatively with others
Conditions of Work:
- Must be willing to work shift work, holidays, and weekends.
Work With Us
Hours of work:
- Day shifts 8:00 am - 4:00 pm, 7:00 am - 3:00 pm
Save for Later