Video Journalist, Bell Media, Unifor 21M
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We're looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
Posting Date: October 8, 2020
Closing Date: October 29, 2020
Position: Video Journalist, Bell Media
Salary: Unifor 21M - Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Hours of Work: 40 hours per week. Overtime as required. May include working evenings and weekends
- Generating, developing, researching, and setting-up original stories focusing on local news and creative features
- News and feature reporting: including conducting interviews, script writing and voicing
- Utilizing of ENG equipment & digital editing to shoot and edit stories
- Setting-up and operating live equipment (i.e. Dejero boxes and/or Dejero App, Atlas Kits, etc.)
- Live reporting
- Consistent and impactful social media engagement
- Writing web copy and providing web content as necessary
- Developing contacts and sources
- Strong editorial decision making
- Weekend and late night assignments as required
- Co-hosting, anchoring and/or weather presentation may be required
- Other related duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education with specialized broadcast training (i.e. Journalism Degree) or equivalent
- On-air presentation experience as a Reporter in television
- Video Journalist experience or training
- Strong research and communication skills
- Strong creative abilities and leadership qualities
- Ability to work quickly, deal with multiple demands and pressure of on-air deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and curiosity
- Excellent understanding of journalistic ethics
- Experience with "live" presentation
- Demonstrated engagement with social media (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc.)
- Strong reliable team player
- Creative storytelling skills and strong news judgment
- Ability to consistently lift and carry up to 45 pounds
- Valid class 5 driver's licence and a good driving record are required
- Anchoring or hosting experience would be an asset
- Knowledge of Atlantic Canada (history, geography, political and socio-economic conditions) and the challenges facing the region
- Experience in the operation of ENG and non-linear editing equipment
- Experience providing content to digital platforms, including websites
- Experience with iNews and Dejero technology
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Media - Talent
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton
Application Deadline: 10/29/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , NB , Moncton
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.