Sports Trader (04-2102)
We're on a mission to ensure that all our players have fun, dream big and play responsibly one player experience at a time and we're looking for team members who share that same passion. Our culture is built on a shared commitment to do what's right for our customers, our people, and our communities. If this sounds like you this may be a perfect fit. Atlantic Lottery (AL) is seeking a Sports Trader, based in Moncton, NB for a 9-month term.
The Sports Trader who reports to the Marketing Manager, Sports is primarily responsible for performing the day to day sales and liability operations for the Sports category. They have the skill set to regularly contribute to reporting; sales & liability analysis; issue management; projects, and; internal stakeholder support. They keep current with their knowledge of the sports betting landscape and regularly seek new sales opportunities while contributing to evolving sales and event management processes.
Daily Event Management: Includes timely and accurate creation and monitoring of the daily Proline games lists and events. They are also responsible for team, table and odds maintenance in the sports platforms.
Support Sales and Prize Expense Targets: Maximize the number of attractive offerings for sale on the daily list. Seek new market opportunities. Accurately and efficiently perform documented liability management processes. Contribute to the evolution of these processes.
Support Reporting and Analysis: Ability to complete the various reporting templates, be they sales or operational, as required. Be capable of performing ad-hoc data mining in Oracle, while displaying an ability to proactively perform high level trending and analysis on the data returned to identify risks and opportunities.
Stakeholder Support: Be resourceful and knowledgeable in handling all internal requests for information in an accurate and timely manner.
Issue Management: Be able to report on and manage issues as they arise, through to completion (using documented procedures when available), using good judgement on how, when and to whom to escalate.
What we can expect from you:
- Understanding of sports betting and a familiarity with Sports platforms;
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills;
- Ability to make quick and informed decisions and;
- The desire to create exceptional customer experiences, curiosity and passion to help customers meet their needs and solve their problems.
Who's a good fit for this team:
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Sharepoint);
- Ability to multi-task, problem-solve, prioritize and competently handle a variety of activities with a high degree of accuracy in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment;
- A self-starter and an independent thinker who follow-up on responsibilities in a timely manner while also a strong team player;
- Your decisions are always made with the player in mind and;
- You can adapt to change in a nimble & agile fashion.
You should apply if you have the following:
- Post -Secondary education in Business Administration or a related program;
- A passion for Sports data and statistics and
- Ability to work evenings and weekends.
Awesome if you had:
- Previous experience working in a sports trader position.
Experience is not necessary, as training will be provided. This is a truly unique role for an enthusiastic and committed individual who wishes to make a profession from their passion.
Work With Us
What you can expect from us:
Our Mission is to offer great gaming experiences for the benefit of all Atlantic Canadians. Everyone at Atlantic Lottery embraces our Core Values of Integrity & Social Responsibility. #ProudtobeAL
Our Operating Principles help guide us to achieve our Vision;
- Customers lead our priorities;
- Always think differently;
- Be fast and nimble;
- We are all leaders and;
- Team matters.
We are proud, gritty, community-minded, and punch above our weight. Being Atlantic Canadian means that we work hard and we know how to have fun. It also means that we genuinely care for each other as co-workers, neighbours, and friends.
We provide a comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits/pension and competitive compensation with plenty of training.
We are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
What Is Next?
- Love what you see so far? Simply press "Apply Now".
- Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers page at www.alc.ca!
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note that the successful candidate will be subject to reference and criminal background checks prior to employment.
Please note - Must be 19 years of age or older to apply.