Senior Specialist, DevSecOps Product Owner
Req Id: 268411
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we're revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you're ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell IT team uses emerging technologies, Agile and DevOps to design and build innovative solutions that enable Bell's communications services for businesses and consumers. We're looking for creative problem-solvers who are curious, collaborative and ready to be on the leading edge of technological transformation.
As a Product Owner / Senior Specialist within the DevOps and Quality (DOQ) team, the role will work to evolve our centralized DevSecOps capabilities and provide solution consulting to internal IT Bell Delivery teams on how to improve their process/ practices. The Product Owner works closely with the Product Manager and provides the focus for the team to execute upon, while from a business perspective, is tasked for the day-to-day activities surrounding the capabilities and ensures the team is working on the right items. A knowledgeable Product Owner is critical to the successful e volution of DOQ offerings. A Product Owner acts as the decision maker for the development team, and sets the daily priorities by balancing requirements and expectations of all stakeholders.
The DOQ team is tasked for providing shared capabilities to the different IT Delivery teams within Bell Canada.
The team provides the following services:
- Agile Practice Enablement leveraging the Bell Agile Framework (based on SAFe)
- DevSecOps Enablement leveraging Bell's shared platforming to enable the 5'Cs of DevOps
- Continuous Exploration
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Deployment
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Monitoring
- Secure SDLC Enablement
- Centralized Test Management / Automation Enablement
If you like ...
- Community; ours is awesome. You will interact with a high performing team in an Agile environment, building new capabilities and interacting with people from other areas to create and extend new DOQ capabilities
- DevSecOps; we are aligned to our practices and tools as part of the Bell Agile Framework (BAF) Methodology
- Continuous improvement; our team is organized according to the BAF / SAFe framework to deliver in shorter cycles and adjust according to delivery team needs.
- Innovation; as our Product Owner, you will drive and maintain a product backlog in a highly technical, complex and innovative domain
- Technology; you will deal with a variety of cutting edge technologies that will shape how Bell will transform our development processes
And you want to...
- Make decisions and take action within broadly defined practices and procedures helping team achieve the sprint goals
- Develop product vision, goals, themes and features.
- Create and manage the development of a prioritized Product Backlog, representing the voice of the customer, including the development of user stories, criteria and scenarios for the development team
- Help review product KPIs and Quality metrics on a regular basis and plan with the team on corrective measures to improve
- Facilitate collaboration sessions between stakeholders around feature priorities
- Build cross organizational awareness of product issues and organizational readiness for new BAF capabilities
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true need.
- Provide regular feedback to the various team members during regular performance cycles on areas of improvement and focus
- University degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
- Strong analysis skills to identify issues on a timely basis, couple with strong communication and presentation skills, oral and written, to effectively relay complex issues to the Leadership Team and team members at all levels of the business
- Ability to prioritize multiple deliverables from various stakeholders
- 5+ years experience working with DevSecOps software development best practices. Including: Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Deployment (CD), Automated Testing, Service Virtualization, Cloud, Agile Project Management/ Reporting and Agile Modeling.
- Strong worth ethic with "hand-on" approach to collaborative problem solution and solutions delivery.
- Team player who can define, establish and relay their long term vision, is adaptable to uncertain and changing needs and translate organizational vision into a platform vision
- Working knowledge of the development flow and technologies involved in the delivery of products and features
- Someone enthusiastic who can quickly learn and adapt to new technologies, with a strong aptitude for innovation
- Someone who can slice and dice a business/system problem into an easy modular and maintainable solution with your team
- Entrepreneurial drive with a passion for product excellence and partner success
- Experience in working with a decentralized and/or non-collocated team
- Experience working in a multi-team / scaled agile environment
- Certifications with the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) and experience working as an architect/ product owner in an Agile Release Train (ART)
- Certifications in Security: CSSLP or CASE
- Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
- Experience working in a DecSecOps team leveraging Jira, Confluence, XRAY, Jenkins, Git Lab, Artifactory, Selenium, CheckMarx SAST/ OSA, IBM Appscan DAST, IBM Urban Code Release/ Deploy, IBM Velocity, Openshift, IBM Rational Test Service Virtualization, HP UFT, and Hygieia.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : New Brunswick : Moncton || Canada : New Brunswick : Saint John || Canada : Nova Scotia : Bedford || Canada : Nova Scotia : Halifax || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Quebec : Verdun
Application Deadline: 11/24/2020
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it. We're committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada , ON , Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.