TYPE: Casual on-call
FACILITY: 105 Bed Nursing Home
This position works under the direction of the Administrative Dietitian and is responsible for delivering high-quality, safe, and nutritious food to residents in accordance with the Mission Statement, Standards, Policies and Procedures of Tidal View Manor (The Meadows). Responsibilities include assigned duties in preparation, assembly, and delivery of meal services as well as proper cleaning processes to ensure food health and safety standards are consistently maintained and exceeded.
- High School Diploma - Grade XII or acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Recent Food Handlers Course completion - within past five years, or willing to obtain.
- Previous work experience in a health care food service environment or restaurant kitchen
- Strong working knowledge of sanitation/safety procedures and major equipment operation
- Proven ability to relate well to elderly Residents, to be sensitive to their emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual and social needs
- Strong communication skills; attention to detail; demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instruction; able to work effectively within a team
- Ability to use sound judgement and initiative to solve problems; able to follow established procedures without constant supervision
- Physically able to perform moderate and heavy lifting and the ability to withstand the demands of walking and standing most of the work shift
- Food Service workers must be exposed to cleaning materials; therefore, persons with a history of allergic reactions to this type of substance would not be suitable.
- Knowledge and experience working with large scale recipes, Cook/Chill food preparation methods, processes and equipment strongly preferred
- Well organized, resourceful with demonstrated ability to plan and set priorities, manage time and work independently
- Knowledge of therapeutic diets an asset
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance; flexible to work non-standard hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
As per CUPE Collective Agreement
For Tidal View Manor employees, please submit internal application form with recent resume. For all other candidates, please submit completed external application (available on website), cover letter, resume and reference contact information to:
Sherri Needham, Admin Support Specialist
339 Pleasant Street
Yarmouth NS B5A 2K9
Fax (902) 742-1426
Announcement Date: Sept 9, 2020
Closing Date: Open
Competition No.: 36 - 2020
Offers of employment conditional upon providing satisfactory criminal records check and a vulnerable sector check. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.