Medical Sonography Technologist-2 (SN02)
Competition #: 6-10754 EXT
NOTE: Applicants must attach a resume to their application.
BARGAINING UNIT: MSP
ZONE: Zone 6 - Acadie Bathurst
FACILITY: Chaleur Regional Hospital
DEPARTMENT: Electrodiagnostics - Cardiac Ultrasound
CLASSIFICATION: Medical Sonography Technologist-2 (SN02)
STATUS: Permanent full-time
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As soon as possible
HOURS OF WORK:
8-hour shifts - Monday to Friday
Work schedule may be changed to meet operational needs.
Organize and perform cardiac echocardiography including transesophageal examinations; responsible to maintain and to document high quality images during his/her course of duties.
- Must be registered with Sonography Canada;
- Certification with the Canadian Association of Registered Diagnostic Ultrasound Professionals;
- Recognized certification in Cardiac Ultrasound;
- Current BLS certificate;
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing professional development as it pertains to this position;
- Organizational and work management skills;
- Communication and interpersonal relationship skills;
- Ability to function in a changing work environment;
- Ability to work independently and as a team member;
- Physical ability to perform assigned duties;
- Good previous work history (performance and attendance);
- Adherence to professional ethics principles, to the Network management philosophy and organizational values;
- Compliance with the rules of confidentiality established by the Vitalité Health Network.
Written and spoken competence in English and French is required.
- The above requirements may be verified through oral, written or practical tests during the selection process.
- Should there be no fully qualified applicants, this position will not necessarily be reposted. If you wish to be considered for this position and meet most of the requirements, you are encouraged to apply at this time.
- The employer reserves the right to shorten or extend temporary assignments for operational reasons.
- We thank all applicants. However, only those selected will be contacted.