Casual Service Support (Environmental Services)
TYPE: Casual Relief (On Call)
FACILITY: 105 Bed Nursing Home
The Service Support, Environmental Services Care Team Member, under the direction of the Neighborhood Lead, will be responsible for the provision of a clean, safe, comfortable and attractive environment for residents, visitors and fellow Care Team members. He or She will contribute to the protection against cross infection while keeping the facility safe and visibly clean in accordance with the Mission Statement, Standards, Policies and Procedures of Tidal View Manor (The Meadows). The Service Support, Environmental Services Care Team Member contributes to continued quality improvement and supports all aspects of the Care Team in the safety and well-being of residents. This position also requires, but is not limited to, participation in the preparation and delivery of the daily resident breakfast meal. The position requires the successful candidate to be available for all shifts - days, nights, weekends and holidays. The successful incumbent will be expected to cross train in the area of service support food services when operationally required.
- Proven ability to relate well to the elderly population, demonstrating a caring nature and sensitivity to their emotional, physical, spiritual, intellectual and social needs.
- Grade XII or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Previous work experience in a health care environment is considered an asset.
- Ability to hold in confidence all matters pertaining to residents, staff, co-workers and the organization.
- Strong communication skills; demonstrated ability to follow written and oral instructions; able to work effectively within a team and independently.
- Ability to use sound judgment and initiative to solve problems; ability to follow established procedures without constant supervision.
- Physically able to perform job duties including: highly active and physical nature of position; moderate and heavy lifting; and the ability to withstand the demands of lifting, reaching, standing and walking for majority of the work day.
- Well organized, resourceful with demonstrated ability to time manage and set priorities.
- Good reading, writing, and computer skills.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance; flexible to work all shifts and non-standard hours including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Flexibility to be available on short-notice may be required for room cleaning and moving of heavy furniture.
- As a member of the Support Services team, this individual is also responsible for sharing the care duties of facility pets.
As per current CUPE Collective Agreement
For Tidal View Manor employees, please submit internal application form and recent resume. For all other candidates, please submit completed external application (available at the office), cover letter, resume and reference contact information to:
Announcement Date: Mar 3, 2020
Closing Date: OPEN
Competition Number: 06-2020
339 Pleasant Street
Yarmouth NS B5A 2K9
Fax (902) 742-1426
Offers of employment conditional upon providing satisfactory criminal records check and a child abuse registry check. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All hires must sign an agreement to observe and comply with all policies and procedures of Tidal View Manor - The Meadows.