Licensed Practical Nurse
POSITION: Licensed Practical Nurse
DEPARTMENT: Resident Care
HOURS OF WORK: 8 hour rotating shifts
RESPONSIBLE TO: Resident Care Manager
DATE REQUIRED: Immediately
POSTING DATE: August 29, 2020
The LPN is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care provided to their assigned residents. In the absence of a registered nurse on the nursing unit, the LPN will provide guidance and direction to personal care workers.
- Graduate of an approved License Practical Nurse Program with Pharmacology as a component of their program.
- Current theory in Pharmacology (i.e. within the last two years).
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Nova Scotia Licensed Practical Nurses' Association.
- Ability to relate well to residents, staff and others with a pleasant and cooperative attitude, demonstrating sensitivity, empathy and warmth to others.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative, good judgment and tact.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Demonstrates effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to respect confidences of personnel and resident situations.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates ability in self-evaluation, including identification of area for continued development and goal setting to meet identified needs.
- Ability to supervise and monitor performance of personal care workers in absence of registered nurse.
- Fulfills the requirements of the position as demonstrated by regular attendance at work.
- Must submit a minimum of 40 hours per month availability.
See schedule A, C.U.P.E. Collective Agreement, Group 4
Quoting competition number LPN-075-CB apply in writing to: email@example.com. Only applicants who meet the above qualifications will be contacted for an interview.